Part 18

***My Perspective***

I’m not sure where the hell she came from, but Abram had thrown Mickie James down to the ground. I had to think fast. I jumped up on his back, restraining him from doing anything else. Mickie fell to the ground, but was instantly back up, tearing away at the third guy. Brandi was taking down Alexander.

It was total chaos in this dead end of the alleyway.

I looked down the way, and to my surprise more people were running down. At first I thought that I would need to prepare myself for whoever was coming, but I realized that it was Randy Orton and Batista. But there was a third person. I couldn’t tell who it was.

I was distracted. I was watching the men running down the alley and I was backhanded across the face, hard enough to where I could feel the pain, and hard enough to where I was sent down to the ground. I was paralyzed for the moment. But there was someone taking my place.

I looked up to see all the different faces around Brandi and I. There was her husband, Jeff Hardy, Mickie James, Randy Orton, Dave Batista, and then I saw his face. It was John Cena. It had been days since I’ve seen him, and I missed him like crazy.

Abram, Alexander and the third guy were help up against the wall. Batista was holding Alexander, Randy was holding Abram, and Jeff was holding the random third guy. Brandi was able to help me to my feet. She stared at my face for a long time.

“Jess, you’re bleeding,” she said.

I reached my hand up to my cheek where Abram had hit me. He must’ve been wearing a ring or something, because there was a long cut across my cheek.

Brandi hugged me, and we both shed tears.

After a moment I felt a tap on my shoulder, so I turned around. I was instantly picked up in the arms of John. He held onto me for a good minute, and he told me how much he missed me, and how happy he was to see me, and all of the other general stuff someone would normally say at a time like this.

After a while of holding the men against the wall, we dragged them back to the building we came out of. Brandi and I had the honors of throwing them down the stairs. After Brandi and I beat them for a little longer, we threw all three of them in the cell that they had locked us in, and we locked the gate. Spitting on them as we walked on by, was a happy little treat for us.

It was a couple days after everything had happened. I wasn’t allowed back in my apartment alone, so I decided to just move out. I moved in with John back at his house in Massachusetts, and decided I would stay there until I could find a much better place. But at the same time, I didn’t want to, because being with him just felt right.

I thought things were going to start going back to the way they were, but there was something that still didn’t feel quite right.

I didn’t go back to RAW for the first week after I had been saved, so I lounged around John’s house for the night. But apparently, Cody wasn’t at the show either. I had been sitting in John’s loft for a few hours by myself. Thank God the show was in Boston tonight, at least somewhere close.

I didn’t have much to do except watch some television and eat some ice cream…and that’s exactly what I did.

John had been texting me constantly when he wasn’t in the ring. He was asking me if I’d heard anything from Cody since that day, but I hadn’t. I don’t know whether or not it’s a good thing that I got a new company phone…. I really didn’t want to keep in touch with anyone anymore.

Brandi had also been texting me. Jeff took the night off to spend time with her back at their new house. Brandi’s been doing okay since then, and it made me extremely happy to hear that.

But anyway, lounging around John’s loft wasn’t as fun anymore, but he foreboded me to leave the house, at least alone. I never left. I grew tired though, so I napped.

It was a peaceful dream that I was having. I was in a world where everything was white and sky blue, and it was very heavenly. I didn’t realize that my dream was about death until I realized everything was supposed to represent heaven. I was with everyone that I loved though. My parents were there, all of my friends, and even some of my distant relatives. But the fact is, I was happy. It was a happy time. Everyone had wings. They were beautiful wings.

I didn’t know how long I’d already been asleep, but everything started changing. Everything was turning red and black. Just then a loud shattering noise came and ripped apart everything I was seeing like someone just clawed through my vision.

That’s when I opened my eyes, terrified. I quickly picked up my phone and called John. He didn’t answer right away, so I left him a voicemail. “John, something doesn’t feel right. Please call me right away when you get this message. I don’t feel safe.” I left it as that and hung up my phone.

I was hearing noises from behind me. I bolted upright in the couch and turned my body so I could see behind me, but there was nothing there. I turned my attention back towards the TV. Monday Night RAW was still playing on the TV. John wasn’t in the ring though, so I’m wondering why he didn’t answer his phone.

I dialed his number again and again it went to voicemail, so I hung up. That’s when I dialed Brandi’s number. It rang a few times, but at least she answered.

“Hey Jess what’s going on?”

“Brandi, I don’t feel safe right now.”

Her voice stiffened and her tone changed drastically. “Jess what’s going on, talk to me!”

“Nothing’s happening right now, everything’s fine…at least I think it is. I just don’t feel right. Something feels off and I don’t know what it is.” I could feel my breathing starting to pick up. Noises behind me started up again, so I turned my body again. “I feel like there’s someone in John’s house, but John assured me that I’d be safe here.”

“Jess just take a deep breath. Have you called John yet?”

“Yeah but he didn’t answer. I really don’t want to be alone here anymore.” The shuffling sounds were getting louder and this time I could really hear something moving. “Brandi I’m sure there’s someone in here now.”

“Jessie calm down! You need to call the police! Is there another phone you can use while you stay on the phone with me?”

I looked around. The only other phone was on the other side of the room, and I mean it was FAR across the room. “Yeah, there is one, but it’s so far across the room that I’m afraid to get up and get it.”

“Shit,” she mumbled. She disappeared for a few seconds as I kept my eyes peeled on the doorways behind me. “Okay Jess, I’m having Jeff call Teddy to see if John’s there. We’re gonna make sure that you’re alright. I promise you.”

“Okay, I appreciate that. I really do.” I could feel tears starting to pool up in my eyes. After everything that just recently happened, I don’t want to do it all over again. I really hope John was right when he said that I was safe. I can’t afford any more trauma that I’ve already been put through. For Christ’s sake, I’m already paranoid as is. I’m shaking because I’m hearing noises!

Momentarily, the noise stopped. I turned back towards the TV, keeping the phone close to my ear. “Brandi, I think the noises stopped.”

She went on to respond, but suddenly I was struck on the side of the head, instantly knocking me out. Here we go again.