Part 24

***John’s Perspective***

I was released just in time for the match tonight, and I don’t think Cody Rhodes realizes how pissed I am. I honestly don’t think that I can keep myself from killing him tonight. I had gone back to my room to grab the title belt that I kept locked in my safe, along with some other things.

I couldn’t wait for this match to begin, and I was ecstatic that it was only a few minutes away. I walked down the hallway to the main area backstage, and I watched as Cody Rhodes prepared himself for this match.

His music played, and I watched him waltz down to the ring, do his stupid little moves, and then crawl into the ring. There wasn’t a huge feedback from the crowd, but then again why would there be? The music stopped.

My music started up. I shook my head a few times, jumped up and down, shook out my anger, because I needed to go out there and please the crowd. If I wanted my plan to go accordingly, I needed to get the most positive feedback from the crowd.

I sprinted out onto the ramp and I did my normal routine like always. I waved here and there, and I decided, instead of running down the ramp, I would go over and touch some of the hands of the younger fans. They were always there to support the show, so why not show a little support back.

After greeting a few of the fans, I ran down the ramp and continued with the rest of my routine. I held my belt high in the air for the world to see, and the crowd exploded. I couldn’t keep myself from smiling. The fans really are the reason why I’m in the WWE.

We circled a few times around the ring, Cody and I. He knew that I was going to beat him, especially after he darted at me and missed completely right off the bat. It was going to be a good fight that’s for sure, and I most certainly wasn’t going to take it the slightest bit easy. I had a plan for him, and I was going to finish it.

I beat him down hard, and I could feel my anger starting to come back at me. I pushed him down to the ground several times, like it wasn’t even a challenge. Cody was getting mad too, because he was starting to throw some moves here and there at me.

I finally knocked him down on his stomach, and I put him into the STFU. The crowd was going wild, and I could feel my arms getting tighter and tighter. I heard the bell dinging, but there was no way I wanted to let go. I could feel his arms trying to claw at mine, but his attempts failed. I heard my music start to play, and I released him then.

I stood up as the referee handed me my title belt. I crawled down from the ring, and walked over to the commentary table. “Hey JR, hey King, you guys wouldn’t mind handing me a bag from down there would you?” I pointed in-between the two men, and they looked down curiously, as if they never realized the bag was put there. JR reached under the table and grabbed it for me.

“When did that bag get put there?” JR asked in his southern voice.

“I kinda put it there before the show started tonight, because I somewhat need an escape plan.” They didn’t question me as I grabbed a shirt out of the bag and put it on. I grabbed my wallet and keys and I headed towards the left side of the ramp. I looked out at the crowd in front of me.

Turning around quickly, I looked at Cody Rhodes who was still lying face down in the ring. I turned back towards the crowd and climbed over the barrier. I shook hands with as many people as I could, including the littlest kids, and then I climbed the stairs quickly. I ran out into the corridor area with all of the concession stands and merchandise, and I ran towards the nearest exit.

Finally getting outside, I circled the building until I came to the restricted parking lot, and I knew my car was in there, I just didn’t know who was standing around outside. I climbed over the fence and I stayed towards the outside of the parking lot near the bushes. I got as close as I could to the garage before I realized that Randy was standing outside.

“RANDY!” I called, and he turned towards me. I sprinted towards him, and he was concerned.

“John is everything alright?”

“Listen Randy, I’m gonna need you to do me a favor. I need to get inside and get my car before Cody or any of his guys see me, can you help me out with that?”

He looked confused. “Are they after you or something?”

“Yeah you could say that. I kinda get that impression when I come here earlier today and they tie me up and lock me in a room.”

“What? They did that to you? Today?”

“Yes they did, that’s why I wasn’t around until after the show had already started. Look Randy, I’ll fill you in on stuff later; I really need to get my car and get to our airport.” I looked inside the garage, making sure that no one was in there yet searching for me. “Randy will you please cover me?”

He nodded at me and he walked alongside me through the large industrial doors. I immediately booked it for my car that was about fifty feet away from me. Randy followed. Getting to my car, I unlocked it and Randy got in with me. I started the engine and quickly put it in reverse. I turned around as fast as I could and I hit the gas, heading for the door. Just as I got outside, I could see Rhodes running out of the building after me.

“Randy, I’m on my way to Russia. Would you be willing to come with me?”

He stared at me in disbelief. “John, you’ve got to be kidding me.”

“Randy I’m serious. That’s where I’m going. Are you willing to come with me? Because if not then I’ll give you the keys to me car when I get out at the airport, and you can drive this home with you. I have a feeling that I know where Jessie’s at, and I need to find her before anything else happens to her.”

He sighed. “I know I’m going to regret this.” He paused for a second as he stared out the window. He looked back at me. “I’ll go with you; but ONLY under one condition.”

I looked at him. “Are you serious right now Randy?” I rolled my eyes. “Alright smartass, what’s your condition?”

I waited for his answer. I looked back over at him and I saw him smiling. “Whenever we touch down over there, we need to get some dinner. I haven’t eaten yet and I’m starving. And we also need to be back here before the next show. I have another date with Eve. You know, we are really starting to hit things off. It’s amazing.” He was staring back out the window.

“Randy, I’m happy for you and all, but I thought you only said ‘one’ condition.”

He laughed. “They’re combined okay.”

I pulled into the drive leading up to the secluded airport that was owned by Vince McMahon. Being the big man that he is, he’s given unlimited access to the airport as long as we maintain our attendance with the shows. Being in the WWE has it’s perks I guess.

I pulled up to the gate, took out my ID card, and then swiped it through the card reader. It recognized it, lifting up the arms in front of us. I pulled through and drove down the line of planes. I pulled over to a familiar looking plane, and I parked my car in the designated area.

Randy observed the plane that I stopped at. “So…you know how to fly this plane.”

I stared at him, and he could see the “oh my gosh you are an idiot” look on my face. “Randy, if I didn’t know how to fly this, I would not have stopped in front of it.” We climbed into the small LH-10 Ellipse and buckled ourselves in. “I still can’t believe that McMahon even acquired this plane. This plane is so damn fast!”

“John, answer me this: when did you learn to fly this plane?”

I started up the engines in the plane, pressed all the necessary buttons, and got the plane into gear. “I learned to fly this when Vince first got it. I asked him to teach me after I had helped fix it after it had gotten damaged during a flight.”

I pulled the plane out onto the runway and I took off into the sky.