Rough Day - Roceit -

Warnings: Mention of someone's damaged property and a kid having a panic attack(not the main characters), lmk if I need to add anything else!

-------------------

It had been a long day for Roman.

He taught theatre at a small middle school, his brother being the art teacher. The classes we're working on two plays each since the program was low budget and also these were middle schoolers, not really amazing actors yet. Usually, classes went well, but today things just seemed to spiral.

He had six classes in total. He didn't have a first period class. Second period, one group still needed their scripts, most of the students having still not memorized their lines. Third period, too many kids out sick so he had to find a different activity for the class. Fourth period, three props were broken and the girl who had brought them understandably broke down as they seemed unfixable. Fifth period, another girl had a panic attack during a rehearsal. And sixth period was absolutely drained as usual since it was the end of the day.

They weren't major things, aside from the sick students and the ones not memorizing their scripts, but he still felt awful. He hated seeing his kids cry and today just seemed like a terrible day for everyone.

Roman set his bag by the door once he got home, running his hand over his face. Tomorrow he'd give everyone a break and some low-stress activities, maybe ask Remus if he wanted to combine their classes for the day. He shook his head. He would think of something later.

Right now, though, he really only wanted to do one thing. And it involved his darling husband.

"Dee?" Roman called, not seeing his husband in the living room or kitchen. He walked to the stairs just as Dee was coming out of their bedroom, and Roman's shoulders relaxed. Dee was down the stairs in seconds, arms wrapping around Roman and pulling him close.

Roman melted into Dee's arms, nuzzling his neck lightly as he took a deep breath. "Had a rough day, my rose?"

"Off day for the kids. Glad to be home, though." He hummed, pressing a light kiss to Dee's jaw. Dee was wearing a plain t-shirt and sweatpants, the shirt a bit too big for him, evident that it was Roman's.

"Want to talk about it?" Dee asked as he guided them over to the couch for proper cuddles.

"Not really. Not now, anyway."

"What do you want to do, then?" Dee hummed, letting Roman get comfortable on top of Dee as they both lied on the couch. Dee brought a hand up to Roman's hair as his husband thought of an answer, gently starting to comb all the knots out of it.

Roman leaned closer, brushing his nose with Dee's. "I want to kiss all the freckles on your cute face." He presses a kiss to Dee's lips right after, breaking only because Dee was laughing lightly. Roman grinned at the blush rising to Dee's cheeks.

He carried out his wish, littering Dee's face with light kisses while Dee just grew more flustered and giggly. Roman was happy that he could make Dee giggle, something before meeting Roman Dee had claimed he had never done before.

Once Roman was sure he had kissed every freckle on Dee's face, he cuddled close to his husband, resting his head on Dee's chest. Dee's heart was beating steadily and the slow rise and fall of his chest felt nice under Roman's head.

"I love you, Ro." Dee's arms felt perfect around Roman, made Roman feel safe as Des held him closer.

"Love you too, Dee."

Roman drifted to sleep soon after.