Part 27

*Deku pov*

I mean, it's not like me and Todoroki officially broke up. But it felt like it. We'll still had a "relationship" of some kind. It's not like we stopped talking to each other entirety. But my relationship with Uraraka changed alot to.

It like she wanted us to be closer friends. Not like in a relationship like before. But more like she was being more productive over me. And I didn't know why exactly. Like she would say all these nice things about me when I would talk about Todoroki. And then she would reassure me that she would never betray me again.

It felt nice, but also wrong at the same time. I mean, it was like I could really trust her. I regained the ability to listen and be able to believe in her again. But at what cost. It's like me and Todoroki were drifting farther away than before. It almost felt like it wasn't worth it.

I knew that Todoroki was upset at me. But he tried his best to not show it. But I could understand why. I basically said that I didn't believe him. And then I became better friends with Uraraka. But what if what he says came true. What if the only reason Uraraka was trying to get closer with me was to eventually betray me. I wanted to ask her.

One day I decided to walk back to the dorms with Uraraka. So I decided to start the conversation there.

"So Uraraka, can I ask you something."

"Of course you can Deku. You can trust me."

"Well I was just thinking. I had this talk with Todoroki some time back and I just wanted to know... Are you really okay with our relationship."

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well it's just, alot has happened between us and I just thought-"

"Look Deku, has anything happened yet. I'm over it, we're friends again. I've learned from my mistakes and I'll never hurt you like that again, alright. Why can't you just believe me."

The way she was saying everything made me feel bad.

"Heh, now you're making me feel bad about myself for not believing you. I just needed to make sure."

"I'm not trying to make you feel bad about yourself. I just want to honestly know. Why can't you trust me?"

"It's just, so much has happened and changed and..."

"No, I want your real reason."

I thought over it for a second.

"I guess it's because of... Todoroki. He said that you might only want to gain my trust again only so you can control my life or something."

"Deku, you need to think for yourself okay. I know you probably trust Todoroki more than me and I can understand that. But if anything it seems like he doesn't want us to be friends."

"What, I'm sure that's not what he means."

"If you put it like this, it is what he means. He doesn't like the possibility of me betraying you. So he doesn't want the possibility of us ever getting closer again. So that doesn't happen. You shouldn't trust him, you should just believe in me for once."

"Okay I guess, I'll believe in you."

"Thanks, that means alot to me."

*Todoroki pov*

I knew I was right. I could tell that she was trying to manipulate him. And it was working. I listened to their conversation from a far. At first, I was simply going to my dorm. But then when I heard them start talking, I started to listen.