Chapter 2- Kitten

The rest of my classes before lunch were extremely boring. I had one of my friends in each class but so far nothing had topped English. "I'm just saying I'm the better looking brother!"

 I look up at my friend with a raised eyebrow. "Knox. You and Kale are twins. Identical twins. You literally look the same."

 He opens his mouth to respond but closes it once he takes my words into consideration. For the most part Knox and Kale looked the same. Same slightly pale skin, same light brown eyes and same devilishly handsome smirks. The only main difference is that Knox's brown hair falls past his ears unlike Kale who's is cut short. "Whatever." He grumbles while I smirk in triumph.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "My people!" Kale smiles walking over to the table.

 We all smile in greeting as he plops down next to Ivy who continues shoveling her pasta into her mouth. "Geez Iv. Don't choke." Murphy comments.

 She sticks up her middle finger which makes the rest of us laugh. "Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in." an annoyingly shrill voice says behind me.

 We all turn to see a familiar blonde haired girl standing with her hands on hips. "Topaz. I'd say it's lovely to see you again, but I don't wanna lie." I say with a tight fake smile.

 She frowns and her blue eyes fill with distaste. Topaz Kirk, my Ex best friend. Her, Ivy, Murphy and I grew up together and used to be super close. But high school came and she changed and started going out with a douchebag, so we dumped her. "Is there a reason you're here anyways?" Murphy asks.

 Her eyes light up and she runs a hand up and down his arm in a flirty manner. "Why I came to see you Martin!"

 "Murphy."

 "Anyways. You're such a cutie so I wanted to invite you to our table! Ya know, away from these losers."

 Our table immediately burst into snickers. Murphy bit his cheek in order to try and keep his facade up. Even though literally everyone at our table was laughing, she turned towards me with a scowl. "Why are you laughing? What's so funny?"

 I force my laughter to stop as I smile at her. "Nothing, nothing."

 She looks at me not quite convinced until Murphy clears his throat. "Ya know, that offer isn't too bad." He states standing with his tray.

 Topaz smiles in victory. "But," he continues walking to her before stopping.

 She looks up at him in surprise as if she's looking at him for the first time since we cut her off. By now everyone is watching the scene between Eastborn high's Queen Bee and their Pretty Boy. Murphy gives her his dazzling smile before dumping his trash in the bin behind her. "I'm gonna have to take a hard pass."

 She gasps her mouth hanging open in surprise. People around us snicker and whisper as Murphy takes his seat next to Quinn who has the biggest shit-eating grin ever. Topaz stomps her heel clad foot and spins around. "Oh hey Topaz!"

 She looks over her shoulder, her eyebrows furrowed. "Tell your boy toy we all said hello." I smirk with a wave of my fingers.

 She scowls at me before striding and plopping down next to an attractive boy with light brown hair and tan skin. Topaz says something to him causing a frown to grace his features. He turns to glower over at us and locks eyes with me. His grey eyes flash and he smirks as a shudder and furrow my brows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 With a sigh, I plop myself into the bleachers and pull out my notebook. Humming the current melody in my head, I write down the notes that fly though my head before I lose them. "Do, ti, me, re." I mumble.

 The sudden blast of music breaks me out of my zone and blows away the notes in my head. With the shock leaving my body, I look around frantically for my phone. Spotting a light I peer through the bleachers to see the glow of my phone on the ground. "Shit"

 Forgetting about the music that seemed to have been turned down, I climb down the bleacher and crawl under reaching for my phone. Smiling in triumph, I crawl out dusting my phone and jeans off. Looking around I find the source of my scare. Not far away from my spot on the bleachers was a boy with brown curly hair and slightly pointed ears staring at me with the prettiest sapphire blue eyes standing next to a speaker with a basketball tucked under his arm. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize anyone was here or that my music was going to be that loud. I hope I didn't scare you too bad." His voice was raspy and deep yet pleasing to the ear.

 I shake my head, a sheepish smile balanced on my lips. "No, no. I was in my own world so I didn't even notice you coming in. It's alright."

 He nods slowly looking closer. "You're in most of my classes. It's Kayloni right?"

 I blink nodding. "Really? What's your name?"

 He tilts his head to the side an amused smile playing on his lips showing off the dimple on his right cheek. "You mean you don't know who I am?"

 I furrow my eyebrows. "Um no. Can't say that I do."

 He steps closer to me so we're about 5 feet apart. It's then that I realize how tall he is. He's at least a head taller than me and I'm not short. He chuckles. "Then again, I can't say that doesn't surprise me. You always seem to be off in your own world. Especially when your with your loud ass group of friends."

 I open my mouth to dispute the claim but close it knowing he's right. We are definitely loud and I definitely tend to tune everything out around me. "Although I'm still slightly surprised. I figured one member of your group would be the gossiper. Not you of course Kitten, but one of you."

 "How is this helping me figure out who you are?" I question ignoring the nickname.

 He smirks. "I was getting there Kitten. Be patient."

 I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest. "The names Kyler. Kyler Orr."

Introducing Mr. Kyler Orr everyone!! Don't forget to vote and comment. Stay safe everyone!

-Grandmab