Chapter 13- Cafe and Cookies

I stand in my closet looking around, my chin tucked in my hand. "Hey Iv." I call.

 "Yeah?"

 "What's considered casual day wear for 60 degrees weather?"

 I hear a giggle before Ivy pops her head in the doorway. She looks around for a moment before pulling something off the hanger and jogging to grab something out of my drawer and handing them to me. "Put these on while I look for some shoes."

 I nod heading to my bathroom across the hall. I slip on the outfit before glancing in the mirror. Ivy had gone for simple. A long sleeve blue nike sweater and black high waisted leggings. I roll the sleeves off my sweater before spraying some perfume. I walk out of the bathroom and to my room just as Ivy walks out of my closet. She trusts a pair of high-top white vans into my chest with a smile. I pull them on my feet before standing in front of my full length mirror. "I love it! Thanks Iv!"

 She smiles. "Of course! Anytime."

 I pull the top part of my hair into a ponytail and leave the rest down before putting on some lip gloss. My phone dings from my bed and Ivy checks it before tossing it my way. "It's Kyler. I'm assuming he's here."

 I catch my phone before slinging my handbag over my chest. "Alright! I'll see you later. Murphy should be here in 10, the rest of the boys are in Quinn's room playing games I think. Please make sure they don't burn down the house down before my parents come back from the store with Maya and should be back soon."

 Ivy gives me a salute as I wave goodbye.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I smile at Kyler as I climb into his car. "Hey Kitten. You look nice."

 I blush. "Thanks. You look nice too Chook."

 He raises an eyebrow as he backs out of the driveway. "Chook?"

 I look away from him, my face getting hot. "It's a nickname. You have one for me so I figured I'd give you one too."

 "Oh I don't mind it. Just took me by surprise. What does it mean?"

 I smirk. "It's Australian slang for Chicken."

 This made him laugh as we drove down the road.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 We drove for about 5 more minutes making small chatter before we pulled up to a small cafe a little ways in town. "I've never heard of this place before." I comment stepping out of the car.

 "My mom recommended it to me." He smiles.

 I nod as we walk in. It was warm inside and gave off a cozy vibe. The inside was rather rustic with dark wood floors and tables with maroon walls. The wooden tables and booths were scattered around the place and most were occupied by teens our age. Kyler gently leads me to the counter. A young woman with light brown hair and kind green eyes greeted us with a smile. "Hi there! Welcome to The Family Bean! What can I get started for you two?"

 Her voice is background noise as I drool over the many pastries in the display. I hear Kyler let out a chuckle. "We'll have two Hot Chocolates."

 The girl nods typing the order in before looking up again. "Would you like whipped cream?"

 Kyler looks over at me and I nod absentmindedly still staring at the different kinds of cookies. "Yes for both. Oh and can we get two of your white chocolate cranberry cookies?"

 I snap my head to look at the boy next to me. He just smirks and sends a wink my way. The barista gives us a small smile typing it in before asking us one last question. "For here or to go?"

 "Here." Kyler answers, pulling his wallet out of his pocket.

 "Wait. I can pay." I jump in.

 He shakes his head giving me a lopsided smile. "Not needed Kitten. I asked you here. My treat."

 I blush with a small nod. "You guys are really cute together." The barista comments handing us the cookies on a plate.

 "Oh we aren't together." I shake my head.

 "Oh I'm sorry. I just thought-" She starts.

 "It's no problem. Everyone can see how in love she is with me." Kyler smirks, throwing his arm over my shoulders.

 I roll my eyes and cross my arms. "In your dreams Orr."

 "Everynight Kitten."

 The barista laughs handing us our drinks. "You too enjoy!"

 We nod our thanks and Kyler leads us to a table.

Heyy I'm not dead.. I haven't updated in 80 years but there is a reason..  I recently had surgery and I haven't left my room upstairs to go down to the computer to upload anything new... so I'm sorry.. But here we are. Don't forget to vote and comment!

-Grandmab