Chapter 6- Tryouts

Kayloni's dance and outfit up top. Her dance is the first girl

 I applied the finishing touches to my makeup before sitting back with a smile. "Ooo girl! You lookin' spicy!" Ivy comments from my bed.

 I turn around before scrunching my nose. "Please don't ever say that again."

 She nods. "Agreed."

 We looked at each other for a few seconds more before we both burst out in laughter. As we sober, I glance at my clock and my eyes widen. "Alright Iv. Let's grab the guys and head out."

 She nods as she rolls out of bed. "I'll grab the guys." she calls heading to the door.

 "Okay. I'll call Murphy."

 She nods before disappearing around the corner. I grab a white see through dress shirt and throw it over my black biker shorts and short spaghetti strap tube top. I slip on my black ankle boots and take one last glance at myself before walking downstairs. Ringing Murphy I wait for the call to connect. "Yo."

 "Hey M."

 "Hey Loni what's up?"

 "I was just calling to let you know that we're headed out to the school for my tryout."

 "Oh alright sweet. Can you swing by and pick me up?"

 "Murphy you have a car."

 "Ok and? It's on the way."

 I roll my eyes. "Yeah sure. See you in 5."

 "Love you Loni!"

 "Love you too M. Bye."

 I hang up just as Ivy, my brother, the twins and Kyler walk upstairs from the basement. Kyler had not only been taken into the band, he was practically adopted into our friend group. Granted no one knew anything about him, he's been hanging around us a lot. Quinn would invite him over and they'd either hangout in his room playing video and writing songs or in the basement in the music room practicing with the band. I'd seen some of the lyrics Kyler had come up with and they were honestly pretty good. "What are you wearing?" Quinn scowls.

 I roll my eyes. "It's my dance outfit, chill out."

 He scowls. "Well, I think you look nice Kitten." Kyler gives me a wink which I scoff at.

 "Thank you Kyler. Anyways, Ivy and I are stopping to pick up Murphy then we'll meet you at school." I explain grabbing my keys from the key hook.

 They nod as I tossed Quinn his keys. "Alright folks. Let's get this show on the road!" Knox says clapping his hands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Hey sistas!" Murphy screeches climbing in the car.

 Ivy turns and gives him a look which he only smiles at. I wave at his mom in the doorway before pulling out of the driveway and starting the short drive to school. "So. Ya nervous?" Murphy asks.

 I shrug. "Not really. I'm pretty proud of my dance and it's something I know Liv isn't expecting."

 "No one knows what to expect. You've kept it a good secret." Ivy points out.

 I smile. "That's the point."

 They roll their eyes and continue their mindless chatter as we pull into the parking lot. For a Saturday, there are quite a few cars here. I assume they're here to watch the tryouts. They weren't a secret and Olivia encouraged people to come watch. I park next to Quinn and Kyler who each get out of their respective cars. My eyes linger on Kyler's black Audi as I run my fingers over the hood. "She's beautiful." I whisper to Kyler who walks to stand next to me.

 "Yes she is. Bought her myself."

 I gasp at him with my eyes wide. He chuckles before patting my head. "Close your mouth Kitten. You'll swallow flies."

 I send a glare at his retreating figure as he chats with Quinn leaving me behind. I sigh. "Well. Let's get this over with." I mumble to myself walking towards school.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Kayloni you're up."

 I smile at Olivia as I stand up from my place on the floor next to Ivy and Kale. I plug my phone into the speaker and cast one last look at my friends who give me a thumbs up before pressing play. I walk to the middle of the gym as I wait for Kiana Ledé to sing the beginning of 'Ex'. I allow my mind to go blank as I get into my zone.

 Just me and the music.

 I stick my leg out and bring it in slowly as the beginning of the sensual song and dance starts. I move my arms first to the beat and the rhythm of the song. I go up on one leg with the other one bent as I move my arms in a circle close to my chest. I push my lifted leg and arm out away from my body before circling my arm back to me.

 I circle in and out of a squat with my hands behind my head before popping my hips out one at a time as I ruffle my hair. Sliding my legs back together as I stand, I circle my arms over my head before placing them on my side and dragging them up my extended leg. "Just cause it's different and we're not the same."

 I move my feet and spin in time with the words as I wait for the chorus to come. Moving my arms in a circle away from my body, I curl into myself as the drum hits and force my head gently side to side with one hand as the other reaches out before tapping my chest and pushing away. I turn and roll my hips before facing forward and do the same. "I don't wanna be your, ex."

 I spin as the beat after ex hits. I move my hands to the beat of the chorus and I slowly approach the end of my routine. I cross my arms and rock my body again before taking two glide steps back doing a trusting motion afterwards. I gesture my body before moving my arms in front of my body again. I plant my foot before wrapping my hand around my head and move my hips at the same time in the same motion looking over my shoulder. I body roll before squatting and hitting each of my knees on the ground softly and popping my butt out as I stand. "I don't wanna be your, don't treat me like your Ex."

 As she elongates the ex, I run my hands up and down my body as I body roll twisting my body. As she finishes singing Ex, I slowly drop into the splits before sliding to my side and lifting my leg. I roll over and smile as my routine comes to a close and my dance high comes down. I stand and do a bow as everyone claps and cheers, my friends being the loudest. Olivia sends me a wink as I go and grab my phone. I sigh proud of myself before going back to my friends.

Hey!! Next chapter we meet a few new charaters who will be important to our story and I'm kinda excited! Don't forget to comment and vote it really motivates me!!

-Grandmab