Chapter 4- But Kitten!

I walked into school extremely tired. Amaya took forever to put to sleep. Contrary to what my mom thought Quinn came home angry that I left. I stayed up past midnight to wait up for my parents to make sure they got home safe and didn't get to bed till 2 just to wake up again at 6 to go on my morning run. "Well you look like death." A voice says as I grab my books from my locker.

 I sigh. "Why thanks. I didn't notice." I grumble sarcastically turning to face Topaz.

 She grimmances. "You look worse up close."

 I roll my eyes not needing to be told this. "What do you want Topaz?"

 She looks at her acrylic nails with interest. "Listen. I just came to warn you. I saw you talking to Kyler. Just know that one of my friends has her sights set for him. Also one of my other friends is his ex. So I suggest you keep your distance from now on."

 Oh if only she knew. I roll my eyes again before slamming my locker shut making her jump. "Yeah ok Topaz. Do what you want. I don't care. Just try not to waste my time in doing so alright? Glad we've come to an understanding." I give her a fake smile before turning on my heel.

 I weave my way through the sea of teenagers before making it to English. I plop myself into my seat and rest my head on my arms. Hearing the seat get pulled out from next to me causes me to look up. The cold feeling I felt next to my arm was a large dutch Rebel. I look over at my brother with a shocked look to find him not looking at me. I grab the drink taking a sip. Strawberry Watermelon, one of my favorites. I look at the lid shocked again to see something written. 'I'm sorry and I love you' I smile softly and sneak a peek at my twin. He faces the front not looking at me. I pull a pack of sticky notes from my bag and quickly write something down before sticking it to his forehead. He glares at me out the corner of his eyes but I pay him no attention as I sip my drink. A small smile graces his features as he reads my note. 'I forgive and love you, you silly boy.' He leans over and plants a small kiss on the top of my head with a smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I walk into my creative writing class feeling the caffeine starting to kick in. I take a seat towards the back of the class and pull out my songbook. I tap my pencil on my lip thinking and writing down anything that comes to mind. I'm so focused I don't notice a familiar boy sitting next to me until he pokes my side. With a startled gasp, I turn quickly to look at the laughing boy. Kyler throws his head back as he holds his stomach. I stare shocked as I look at him. His eyes were closed hiding his sapphire blue eyes from me. The dimple on his right cheek was prominent and his hair was flopped back with a few curls covering his eyes. "Don't do that! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I frown.

 His laughter dies down to chuckles as he looks at me. His eyes gleam and he sends me a wink. "But Kitten, you look so cute when you're scared. Makes me want to just gather you up in my arms and protect you from this harsh world" He reaches over and pulls me into his hard chest.

 My fingers get tangled up in his white shirt and his metal dog tag as I try to pull away from him. "Kyler!" I squeak, "Let me go!"

 He looks down at me with a tilt of his head. "Hm. Most girls would love being in my arms like this."

 I scowl looking up at him and I flick his nose making him release me to rub it in a very adorable manner. "Yeah well, I'm not like most girls."

 He looks at me while he fixes his black and white striped jacket and brushes the imaginary dust off of his light grey jeans. "No you definitely not."

 Again I'm thankful for my caramel colored skin. "Is that blush I'm seeing?"

 I snap my head to face Kyler who smirks. "W-what?" I stammer.

 He pokes my cheeks. "You're cute when you're flustered."

 I slap his hands away and cover my face with my hands while he laughs. "Oh shut it." I mumble.

 Which only makes him laugh harder. My face gets warmer as he continues to laugh at me. "Did you think you couldn't blush or something?" He asks, still laughing.

 "Yeah pretty much. I thought you couldn't see it."

 He laughs harder. "Alright, alright that's enough. Class is about to start." I whisper covering his mouth.

 I pull away and face the front when he quiets down. "I still think you're adorable, Kitten." He whispers.

 I blush and shoot him a glare. "Shut up."

 "But Kitten-"

 "Don't 'But Kitten' me Kyler." I hiss facing the front.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 When the bell rings I quickly pack up my stuff and high-tail out of creative writing as I hear Kyler call after me as I race to History. I collapse in my seat between my brother and Murphy. They both look up from their phones startled. "Woah what happened to you? You look like you've seen a ghost." Murphy wonders.

 I shake my head. "No even worse."

 The boys share a look over me before looking back at me with questioning eyes. "I found out you can see my blush!"

Hey guys Grandmab here! Hope you all enjoyed this part! Don't forget to leave a like and comment it really motivates me! Anyways, stay safe out there!