Chapter 15- Viktor Smith

My breath hitched. I could feel Kyler's burning stare as I took a sip of my drink letting out a sigh. "Viktor Smith was Quinn's middle school best friend. The summer before our junior year when the twins moved here they decided to form a band. It was around that time when Murph, Ivy and I started working at the bar and we were still close with Topaz. Everything was going great."

 "They were getting pretty popular and they were having fun. It was towards the end of our Junior year when we were all at a party. Viktor had gotten pretty drunk and had said some pretty shitty stuff about all of us. Especially Quinn and I. We found out he was trash talking all of us long before that and everyone made the choice to kick him. Topaz took his side and started talking shit about us too so she was dropped too. Most of the summer was spent looking for a new member then they found you."

 Kyler looks at me thoughtfully. Then he scowled and turned his head. "Sounds like an ass."

 I laugh, giving him a smile. "Yeah he kinda sucks."

 "Well now I know that. I know why he's been trying to tell me that I'm going to be replaced when I start talking to people about you guys."

 I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

 "I saw him early this morning on my run and he told me to be careful around you guys cause his words and I quote, 'They'll use you and drop you once they're done.'"

 I furrowed my brows. "Yeah. No. You're stuck with us."

 He smirks at me. "Good to know you like having me around Kitten."

 I roll my eyes. "Shut it Chook."

 He chuckles. "I still find it amusing that your nickname for me is basically chicken. How did you even know that?"

 "Knox. Him and Kale are from Australia you know."

 He nods slowly. "Yeah I do remember that."

 I look at my phone. "Oh shit."

 Kyler raises an eyebrow. "What is it?"

 "I forgot I told Amaya I would bring her ice cream. Do you think we can stop by and grab some?"

 He nods with a smile. "Of course. Anything for her."

 "She already has you wrapped around her finger." I giggle standing.

 "Hey! She's cute!" he protests standing as well.

 I shrug. "I never said she wasn't."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The 7 of us all sat around the island in the kitchen each doing our own thing when my mother walked into the kitchen. "Hey kiddo's," My mother smiled, tossing her long wavy hair into a messy bun. "I'm about to start dinner. Is everyone staying?"

 Everyone nodded and my mother clapped her hands together. "Wonderful! The more the merrier is what I always say."

 "I would never miss a chance to eat your food Mama C." Murphy smiles.

 My mother chuckled. For being 46 my mom looked quite young. Her dark wavy hair I inherited had very few grey hairs and her caramel skin was free of wrinkles except for her smile lines on her cheeks. She was a very pretty woman and I looked up to her a lot.

 My father walked into the kitchen with oil smudges on his hands and cheeks. He too looked younger than 46 with a head full of brown hair that was currently pulled back into a small bun. He was a big guy. Stood at about 6'3 with large arm muscles and a small stubble on his pale face.. His hazel eyes lit up with adoration when he laid eyes on my mother. He walked up behind her and planted a kiss on her cheek. "Hello beautiful. Did you have a nice nap?"

 My mom looked over her shoulder with a smile."Yes I did. I see you're working hard my handyman."

 He laughs. "Yeah well, my car needed some tuning up. Why go pay someone else to do it when I can do it myself?"

 She nods turning back to her food. My dad turns to all of us. "How's school going for everyone?"

 "It's been good." Ivy smiled.

 "We're chilling." Knox commented for him and Kale.

 "Math sucks." Murphy shudders.

 "Same old thing for me." Quinn shrugs.

 "Eh. It's school." Kyler and I said.

 I turn to look at him from across the island with a raised eyebrow. He just smirked. "Everyone getting good grades?"

 We all nod. "Good." My dad states with a satisfied smile.
"Hate to break up a good conversation but y'all are taking up space in my kitchen. Kids you go play games or something. Casper you smell, go shower." My mom turns arounds with her hands on her hips

 We all nod. "Yes Queen!" My dad shouts earning a glare from my mom and a laugh from us.

Yikes it's been agesss since I updated this. Updates for this book may be slow cause I'm really focused on my other book Moonlit so I'm sorry. I will come back to this story! I still have plans for it! But enjoy this halloween update!! Stay safe everyone!