Chapter 3- "You're kinda Unobservant"

My eyes widen and I take a sharp intake of breath. Kyler Orr. Rumored bad boy, but still somehow Eastborn's prize possession. Known for the several sports he plays and leads in, it's also not overlooked the fact that he's so mysterious. Hench the bad boy image. He only has 2 friends and one girlfriend. Well, Ex-girlfriend. No one knows anything about his family or why he shows up to school with bruises sometimes. But they do know 2 things about him. One: He's very smart. Probably smarter than most people really give him credit for and Two: he's very attractive. "Oh."

 His smirk widens. "Oh? I told you oh so secret identity and all you can say is oh?"

 "I'm just in shock that's all." I huff pulling out my phone that was buzzing in my pocket. "Also, how did you know my name?"

 Kyler's smirk fades into a small smile. "Believe it or not, you're kinda hard to miss."

 I stare at him a few seconds before his phone ringing snaps me out of my daze. "Hello?"

 The person on the phone speaks in an urgent tone and it must have not been good considering Kyler's features changed instantly. "I'm on my way. Stay put."

 Hanging up he looks at me for a second before he forces a smile. "Well, it looks like this is goodbye for now."

 And just as quickly as he came, he was gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Why didn't anyone tell me I had so many classes with Kyler Orr?" I demand walking into work.

 The group looked at me with concerned looks. "Um. Sis, you're kinda unobservant." Quinn states plugging in his guitar.

 I roll my eyes. "Whatever."

 "Oh by the way! We found a new lead singer today!" Knox grins.

 I raise an eyebrow tying my apron around my waist. "Oh did you now? Well who is it?"

 The door opens and I turn to tell them that we're closed only to see a familiar face standing in the door. "Kyler?"

 He meets my eyes and breaks out in a grin. "You remembered! That makes me feel wonderful, Kitten!"

 "Kitten?" Ivy asks, throwing me a look.

 I roll my eyes.

 "Kyler my man! Welcome to the place! I hope you practiced some of the songs I gave you this weekend cause we play a quick set tonight. Although we have some time to kill since the place doesn't open for about an hour and a half so we can run through some things." Quinn chatters walking over to Kyler with a bounce in his step.

 I stare shocked as Kyler nods an amused look in his eyes as he lets Quinn lead him to the twins. As he walks past me he sends a small wink and a smirk my way before focusing his attention on his new bandmates. I open my mouth to ask a question before Ivy yanks my arm and brings me over to Murphy. They both give me expecting looks that scream 'spill.' "I literally had my first conversation with him like 20 minutes ago."

 "20 minutes and he's calling you Kitten?" Murphy raises an eyebrow.

 "He called me that before and I didn't think much about it." I sigh.

 "You didn't think much about it!" They bellow.

 I flinch as I see the boys turn and look at us in a questioning manner. It's this moment I'm extremely thankful for my caramel skin otherwise my face would be beet red. "Can you two be quiet! We've hardly talked. I wouldn't even call us friends let alone acquaintances!" I whisper shout moving my hands around frantically.

 "Uh huh. Sure." They say at the same time again.

 I scoft not paying them anymore attention as I get the bar ready for my shift with only one thought in my mind. 'Kyler sings?'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 As soon as I opened the bar things got busy. I was behind the counter mixing all sorts of drinks and having Murphy and Ivy serve drinks and food. The cook in the back was working overtime and doing a great job. "Another order of fries James" I call filling up another glass of Root Beer.

 "Got it."

 "Why is it so busy today?" Ivy asks, pushing the few wisps of her hair back off her forehead as she hands me another order slip of food that I pass James at the window.

 "Everyone knows my brother plays Monday and Friday nights. They're the busiests nights. This one especially cause it's their first performance coming back from summer." I say wiping down the counter.

 2 of my other co-workers Jenny and Amanda rush in already dressed. Placing my hands on my hips I scowl. "You're late. Poor James back there has been doing all the cooking by himself Jen!"

 "We know! We know. We got caught up at practice and then there was traffic and we're sorry."

 Jenny and Amanda were twin sisters who were Juniors at the Private high school on the other side of town. They both played volleyball and were starting varsity players. I sigh. "It's fine. Just hurry and get to work. The boys should be out soon."

 They nod and they both scurry off to their respective stations just as the boys walked out from behind the stage curtain with smiles on their faces. Kyler stood next to Quinn with a hesitant smile on his face. "Hello everyone! I'd like to thank you all for coming out to support our first performance back tonight! As you know half of all proceeds tonight come back to us so thank you!" Quinn announced.

 Knox drummed a beat and Kale strummed a few notes that caused the crowd made mostly of girls cheer. "I'd like to introduce you guys to our new lead singer Kyler Orr! He's a pretty talented guy and not too hard on the eyes am I right ladies?" Quinn asks, sending a wink to the crowd.

 The girls cheer which brings Kyler's infamous smirk to his face. Feeling a buzz in my pocket I pull out my phone to answer my moms call. "Hello?"

 "Kay! I need you to go home and watch your sister. I had to go back to the office and everything over here just went to shit."

 "But mom. Quinn is just about to perform and I'm still working."

 "I'm sure your brother will understand and everyone will understand. And aren't Ivy and Murphy there?"

 "Well yeah."

 "Then they should have it covered. Please Kay? I'll make it up to you!"

 I sigh, removing my apron. "Ok, I'm headed home."

 "Thank you darling! Love you lots!"

 "Love you lots."

 I hang up and go back up front. Spotting Ivy I grab her attention with a tap. "Hey. Mom called. She's stuck at work and I have to go watch Amaya. I'm clocking out for the night. Text you later k?"

 She nods and I rush out just as Knox starts to play.

Heyo! Back with another chapter!  Kyler is such a beutiful mysterious man.. I want him.. Anyways, don't forget to comment and vote!!

-Grandmab