Chapter 5- Dance

Kayloni's dance up top. Guy with white socks in the middle during the first dance

 That afternoon I laid stretched in the middle of our home dance studio. It wasn't anything too fancy. One wall facing the door was lined wall to wall with full length mirrors. The other walls were light grey and the floors were a lighter wood making the room brighter. On one wall were ballet supports and tucked in the corner next to it was a Bluetooth connector that connected to the speakers around the room.

 Once I finished stretching, I shuffled my 'Dance' playlist looking for a random song to just dance to. I raise an eyebrow as 'Lovely' by Billie Eilish plays through the speakers. I shrug as the music flows through my body and my mind goes blank. "Isn't it lovely? All alone, heart made of glass my mind of stone."

 I close my eyes as I allow my body to to glide around the room and move to the beat. As Khalid's part comes on I open my eyes and stare unwillingly at my reflection. I jump from my crouch position while raising my arms and throwing them down as I land. I move side to side feeling my body flow with the music as I push and fall in a lunge position before moving up in a dramatic fashion. Doing a few other moves, I get in a position where I lean back and look at myself while kicking my leg up and landing on my hands moving my feet to the quick words of Khalid. I slide and kick up into a half cartwheel landing with one leg stretched out and the other bent before moving into another lunge. 

 As the bridge of the song plays, I kick my leg so I'm doing a standing spit before taking two dramatic steps before doing a spin. As the chorus starts I land in the middle splits before pushing myself without my hands into a squat. I move my arms arounds as Billie and Khalid fill the speakers harmonizing together.

 As the song comes to a close I slowly fall to the floor in a sitting position with my head in my knees. As my dance high comes down and my mind returns to its usual chaotic state I hear clapping. Spinning around I see my father standing in the door wearing his normal suit and tie with a smile gracing his features. "Beautiful as always Sweet Pea."

 I grin. "Thanks Dad."

 He nods. "Come on. We've decided to go get some ice cream."

 I look at my phone I got up to grab. "At 5:30? Mom agreed to this?"

 My dad gives me a cheeky grin. I laugh as I realize that he had not asked my mother and he probably had Amaya beg. Classic dad. "You're a dork." I comment walking over to him.

 He shrugs before throwing me over his shoulder. "I never said I wasn't."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I lay on my bed later that evening scrolling through Instagram absentmindedly. A post from my brothers band account catches my eye as it pops up on my feed. A picture of him, Kyler, Knox, and Kale all sitting around a table in a familiar setting has my eyes widening. 'Songwriting with the bros' is the simple caption that has me leaping from my bed. I turn the corner and walk downstairs and my suspicions are confirmed as I look at the four boys gathered around our kitchen island. Scrunching my eyebrows in thought, I shrug my shoulders and walk to the fridge. Looking inside, I grab the pitcher of Sweet tea bringing it to the other side of the island where I meet eyes with Kyler who smirks at me. "Why hello Kitten. Funny seeing you here. You come here often?"

 I give him a bored look. "I live here."

 A surprised look takes over his features as I turn to grab a mango, knife, cutting board and bowl from various parts of the kitchen. "Wait what?"

 Quinn chuckles. "You're telling me you didn't know?"

 "Know what?"

 "Dude seriously?" Knox asks, leaning away from him.

 "Know what!"

 "Kayloni is my twin sister."

 Kyler looks between Quinn and I with a confused look. "But, you guys look nothing alike!"

 "Ever heard of fraternal twins?"

 Kyler's mouth forms an 'o' as he looks back down at his paper, ears turning red. "It's alright Kyler. Loni didn't know there were two of us until a week and a half of knowing us." Knox smiles.

 "That was Murphy." I deadpan.

 "She didn't know that Kale's name is also green."

 "Again, Murphy."

 "She didn't know we each had our own car."

 "Now that was Ivy." I continue to cut my mango.

 "Ugh! I give up!" Knox grumbles, throwing his hands up.

 I let out a giggle and Knox's attempt to cheer up Kyler. "If it makes you feel better, a lot of people don't realize we're twins unless we tell them, they know our family and last name or they know about us personally or rumors." I explain throwing the pit away.

 He nods his head slowly. "Anyways. What's this about songwriting?"

Yay! First actual dance chapter. This is also the first time I'm writing a story about dance so my way of describing her moves ma be a bit bad...  so I'm sorry. Anyways!! Don't forget to vote and comment. I really motivates me! 

-Grandmab