Chapter 1

Project of the summer: Lose my virginity.

Lena Luthor sat and rocked smoothly in the chair of her porch with a notebook on her knees and a glass of iced-tea sitting beside her on the little table next to it. She looked at what she'd written and sighed. The start of a search was always such a difficult task.

Lena had a problem. The incredibly beautiful 25 year old who had all of her dreams and goals still in front of her, had never been with anyone. Yes, the fact was Lena was a virgin. But this summer she was determined to change that. Otherwise, she would lose her credibility to the teenage students whom she would be advising in New York. But aside from all of that, she knew the situation needed to change just for her own personal benefit. Lena wanted to experience sex. She was dying for that experience.

She took a sip of her iced-tea and continued reading the list she had written:

Number one: Find an expert candidate who wants to deflower me.

Number two: Make this candidate swear complete secrecy.

Number three: Do it.

Ever since she was a little girl making a list to help her accomplish whatever it was she was trying to accomplish had been her habit. When she was 8 years old she really wanted a pony, so she made a list about it. Though she currently wanted to lose her innocence much more than she had wanted that pony, making a list for her current project seemed harder than taking a trip to the moon.

The little town of Midvale, California was not exactly packed with expert candidates. Even so the few that could have been, had run away a while back, frightened by her overprotective brother. And her corpulent brother had not let his guard down. All Lex wanted was his little sister to be a virgin until she got married. He was living in the Middle Ages but she loved him too much to defy him.

That was the reason for the point number two on her list. But it was impossible even if she found a candidate who wouldn't feel intimidated by her brother. How could you keep a secret in a town where if you had sore throat three different types of chicken soup appeared on your doorstep the next day?

Her goals seemed unreachable. She gave up and put the notebook on top of the books she had bought for point number three of her list. She had driven all the way to Metropolis to get them, knowing that in Midvale, she couldn't be seen with a book like: A hundred ways to drive them crazy. To be honest, that list could've helped to get that pony when she was 8 years old but her best friend Kara, had been the real key to helping her reach her goal. At that young age, her family and her lived in the town and didn't have room to keep a horse but Kara made the proposition to her parents to keep it in their farm.

Suddenly it dawned on her Kara. She would help her to find the right candidate! On the contrary of her brother, Kara actually understood why she needed to take that job in New York and be an independent woman. Her brother laughed when she asked for a saber for Christmas but Kara saved money and bought it for her.

Surely Kara would understand why she couldn't arrive to New York being a virgin. It was enough of a disadvantage to come from a small town, but if the girls she was supposed to advice had the knowledge that she was sexually inexperienced, they would laugh at her. Kara would understand her right away and help to solve her problem.

The sun had barely risen over the top of the mountains when Kara saddled the horses. She had woken up that morning with a feeling of anticipation; she had not ridden with Lena early in the morning for months, and when she called to suggest it, she was thrilled even though lately she was feeling a bit jealous of her.

When they were growing up, they would spend hours talking about the places they would visit when they were older. And in September, she would finally fulfill her dreams while she was still in Midvale, stuck on the farm. Her parents hoped she would stay and with time take care of the lands her grandfather had obtained with a lot of effort. Well at least she had her sister Alex who came by every other weekend with her wife Sam and their daughter Ruby to visit them.

Lena had it easy with her older brother and his wife plus the 2 grandchildren that her parents already had. She didn't have to feel guilty for holding on to that chance of independence and the truth was that Kara envied that freedom that she had.

"The best for you, Danvers" she said smiling to her.

She finished saddling Peppermint and Patty, and turned to smile at her. Lena greeted Kara like that for months after playing a role in a school comedy and that brought the blonde memories.

They had rehearsed the lines in Lena's bedroom, she had been about to kiss her because of the script but both of them thought it was not necessary to learn the lines. She had felt relieved of course, because kissing Lena would have been weird but in that moment she has wanted it anyways.

"Oh, yeah and finally we have a fine morning" Kara answered in character.

Lena looked great as always but there was something different about her that morning. Kara looked at her intensely trying to figure it out.

"Did you cut your hair?" she asked not taking her eyes away from the brunette.

"Not since the last time you saw me. Why? Does it look bad?" Lena asked nervously.

"No, it looks just fine," Kara said, giving her a slight smile.

In the 22 years they had known each other, she had seen Lena wear all kinds of hairstyles, including her whole goth phase back in middle school but Kara loved the way she had it now, her natural raven hair.

"Is my shirt stained or what?" Lena asked, looking down at her shirt to check if everything was okay.

"No but I would swear there is something different about you. Are you wearing some type of new make-up?" Kara inquired

"To go riding? I am not that stupid" Lena said giggling.

Kara looked at her soft skin and her pink lips, she wasn't wearing any make up. But looking into her green eyes, she tried to figure out what was going on. They'd never hid anything from each other but this morning, Lena had a secret and it changed her entire expression, making her look mysterious, almost sensual. Kara actually had never thought of Lena as a sensual woman.

Despite the fact that she was intrigued. Even a little turned on. Kara never associated Lena with mystery this was a whole new concept of her. She decided to wait and guess what the secret behind those beautiful emerald eyes. It would be fun.

Kara caressed Lena's nose and took a step back.

"I guess I'm just imagining things. You are the same Lena. Ready to ride?"

To Kara's surprise she blushed with her last statement and Lena had never blushed in front of her. They knew each other too well.

"Umm, sure" Lena mumbled while walking towards Peppermint, not looking at Kara
"We are wasting the day."

While Kara was trying to figure out what she had said that made the brunette blush, she got on the horse easily and she could have sworn Lena was trembling. This would be the most interesting horseback riding she had done with Lana.

Maybe asking Kara for help wouldn't be so easy, Lena thought while she was going towards the road that led towards the river.

There she was, blushing by a comment as meaningless as riding. Maybe she had read too many of those books and now everything sounded like it had some sort of sexual connotation behind it. In that moment she knew that she couldn't go to New York without taking care of this particular business.