Chapter 12

The next day Kara left Midvale with her parents very early. She had been thinking about Lena non-stop. These new feelings for her were messing with her head and Kara knew she couldn't fall for Lena because she was leaving town by the end of the summer.

Since Lena knew Kara wouldn't be back for a couple of days she decided to go to Metropolis and do some shopping for the big day. She couldn't help but smile when the thoughts of the night before came rushing back to her mind. Lena sighed when Kara and these new feelings she had developed for her came to her mind. Once again Lena was asking herself how she could have fallen for Kara. Well, she did know why and how, but it was impossible and Kara probably didn't feel the same way.

When Lena arrived back home from Metropolis, while she was taking out the shopping bags of the items she had purchased, her neighbor Andrea Rojas came running with a vase full of lilies from a well-known flower shop in Metropolis. Lena quickly hid the shopping bag from a famous lingerie store under the car seat.

"I kept them in my house so they wouldn't wilt, Andrea said, smiling to Lena.

"Thank you very much Andrea." Lena said smiling politely. She turned her attention to the plumerias and thought they could only come from one person.

"They are not even from any flower shop in Midvale They came from a big flower shop in Metropolis. Can you believe it? It must have cost a fortune for delivery." Andrea remarked being nosy as usual.

"Probably." Lena said, lost in thought. At least Kara took some precautions she thought. Lena was very happy that Kara had sent her flowers, but now she had to find an excuse to tell Andrea. The woman wouldn't stop asking until she knew every detail about it.
"They must be from my new boss in New York." Lena said the first thing that came to her mind actually but now that she thought about it for a second it sounded believable.

"Really?" Andrea asked. 'She just won't stop.' Lena thought. "Things must be pretty different in the Big Apple." Andrea said. Looking at the card that came with the flowers and that meant she wanted Lena to open it. The card was not closed but Lena didn't think her neighbor would read it. Wanting to make the conversation shorter. Lena pulled out the card to read, and luckily Kara had helped sending a very mysterious message attached 'I wish you the best while you explore new worlds.' -K.

Lena knew what Kara had meant by new worlds it was all related to the bed she soon would decorate and prepare. "Yes, they are from my new boss in New York." Lena said smiling.

How nice of her to send you flowers although roses would've been more appropriate than plumerias. Andrea said, being nosy once again and kind of rude.

"My boss likes plumerias." Lena replied putting on her best fake smile. Andrea could be a pain from time to time.

"Have you been shopping?" Andrea asked, trying to find out every little detail of everything. She's seriously not gonna stop, Lena thought.

"Yes, I was buying some things for my trip."Lena stated she was getting really annoyed.

It would be a trip neither Kara or her would ever forget. Lena thought Kara would be delighted with all the things she had bought, maybe more than delighted truth was that she wanted to make Kara's jaw drop to the floor with her outfit.

"Oh, Lena your mom is gonna cry her eyes out when you leave."Andrea said with a sad look.

"I know. I'll cry my eyes out too but I have to do this, it's such a great opportunity." Lena responded.