Chapter 19

Lena had never felt a more excruciating pain than when she saw Kara leave with her brother. Truth was that she loved her, and Lena could not picture being with anyone else but Kara. Yet there were so many things in their way right now, and they just couldn't be not at the moment maybe in the future, if Kara didn't find someone else. Then it hit Lena maybe this was just a fling to Kara. Kara said she loved her but maybe she had said that to every other person she had been with and that was something they needed to talk about later not tonight or tomorrow it was just too soon to face her and it hurt too much.

Lena walked back inside her house, straight into her bedroom, and laid down on the bed as she started to cry. It was the only thing Lena could do at the moment. It hurt so much, yet she didn't regret a single moment spent with Kara, her Kara. She would always consider Kara hers and no one else's. Kara had made her experience all kinds of wonderful things, and as much as Lena didn't want to admit it, Karawas her first true love and that was going to be hard to get over if she ever could get over her. Ugh, why did her stupid brother have to come here and ruin everything? Oh right, she thought to herself, Kara was just going to break things off with her anyway.

The worst part of it all was that Lena couldn't talk to anyone about her feelings well maybe Alex, but at the moment all Lena wanted was to just be alone and cry for everything she had lost tonight. She was grieving for the loss of her friendship with Kara. She knew it would never be the same. Lena let herself cry until she had become temporarily numb. This whole situation was one big mess and now she was dealing with the consequences of both hers and Kara's actions.
Lena found herself longing even more for her best friend at the moment. In times such as these Kara would be the first person she would turn to and seek comfort in. Unfortunately Kara couldn't be the one to console her now. Lena felt completely hopeless and alone.

Then her mind wondered at how Kara was handling things with Lex. Lena hoped that Lex would keep his promise to her and wouldn't hurt Kara. Lena meant what she had said before she was willing to stop talking to her brother if he so much as touched one hair on Kara's head.

Lena laid on her bed staring blankly at the ceiling as tears fell down her cheeks. Her cell phone rang and she didn't even look at the caller ID before she answered. "Hello?" Lena said between tears and swallowing the lump in her throat.

"Lena?" Eve said. She could tell her sister-in-law was crying and it worried her. "What's wrong Lena Bean"
Eve asked using the nickname her brother always called her by.

Lena didn't answer and all Eve could hear were sniffles coming from Lena's end of the line. "Lena please tell me what's going on you're starting to worry me." The other line was silent again. Eve's concern for her sister in law grew more as had never witnessed Lena so upset. "That's it I'm dropping the kids off at my mom's house then I'm on my way to your house Lena. I'll be there in 15 minutes." Eve said.

Thank God Lena had left the door open and Eve just walked right in. Then, she stopped in her tracks. What if Kara was here? Eve wouldn't want to catch them having sex. Even though she kind of already had. Well, she caught them afterwards, but either way. Eve's brain started to work again and she thought if Lena was crying, Kara probably wasn't here, so she marched up to Lena's bedroom.

The sight of Lena curled up in bed crying her eyes out broke Eve's heart. She immediately ran to her side. "Hey." Eve said, pushing a lock of Lena's hair behind her ear. Lena's eyes were puffy and bloodshot from all her crying. The brunette's usual fair complected cheeks were flushed. "Tell me what's going on, I'm here."

Lena swallowed hard and tried to talk, but only a small quiet sob came out along with a few tears.
"Okay." Eve started to say, then sighed. This wasn't good. This meant that she and Kara were more than likely over and that Lex had beaten poor Kara up. Her husband was in big trouble if he had done anything to Kara. "Breathe in and out" Eve instructed as she took deep breaths then exhaled through her mouth. She rubbed a soothing head over Lena's back feeling the brunette shake as she tried to do as Eve had instructed.