Chapter 13

With some effort Kara was able to sneak a box onto the airplane that was as cold as a fridge without her parents noticing. Inside there were the roses she had bought in Central City and ice to keep them fresh. Ice had never been something erotic for her but ever since Lena had mentioned rubbing it against a few parts of her anatomy and now she couldn't look at a piece of ice without getting turned on. Finally she was flying back to Midvale with her parents. Her date with Lena would be in a few hours and she was still a little nervous. Kara did not call Lena again considering the state she had left her in last time Kara had called her. Still Kara had not stopped thinking about Lena for a second.

When the Danvers arrived home. Kara and Jeremiah unloaded the bags while Eliza went inside to listen to the phone messages. When Kara walked in she heard Lena's voice.

"This message is for Kara." Said Lena with her usual tone of voice. "Kara, don't have dinner before coming over. I'm making dinner for both of us. Something simple not too elaborate. Oh and don't worry about the ice I have plenty. I may be in the backyard or something so when you get here just let yourself in."
Kara practically dropped all the bags she was carrying. Eliza turned around to look at her with a sly smile.

"So you are going to meet with Lena tonight?" Eliza asked her curiosity peaked. She had noticed the girls had been spending more time together the last couple of weeks. But she had chalked it up to Kara wanting to spend as much time with her childhood best friend before she left. Now with Lena's rather cryptic voicemail she was starting to have her doubts. The look on Kara's face as she waited for a response. Only confirmed her suspicions more.

"Yeah." Kara tried to sound normal but it was hard while thinking about Lena feeding her some exotic dessert with her fingers dressed in some sexy lingerie. That smooth reference about ice and the fact that she wanted her to let herself into the house. Kara knew just where she would find Lena and it wasn't exactly in the backyard. "I promised her I would tell her about the trip." Kara said with a slight smile. Feeling satisfied with the response she had given her mother. Hopefully Eliza didn't pry her with anymore questions.
Kara was anxious to get everything ready for tonight.

"Oh sweetheart you are sad because she's leaving town aren't you?" Eliza asked giving Kara a sympathetic look.

"I'm not, I'm happy for her. It's what she has always wanted. Lena deserves to fulfill her dreams and leaving Midvale has always been her biggest dream." Kara said truthfully.

"I know we are all happy for her but you're nervous. I can see it on your face. You look a little flushed. I think you are upset because she is leaving you." Eliza said, giving Kara a knowing look.
The nervous part she was right about but not exactly for the reason her mother thought.

"Of course not, Mom." Kara sets their luggage on the floor and then puts a hand on Eliza's shoulder.
"You have been asking a lot of questions lately, Mom." Kara said giving her a kiss on the cheek and walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kara had planned on taking a bottle of wine to Lena's.
Unfortunately for her, her mother seemed to be paying more attention to her. So she would have to be more careful with her future preparations for tonight.

Kara had thought about the future and a terrible idea came to her mind. This could be the last night she ever spends with Lena.
After Lena's 'business' is taken care of she wouldn't want to continue her rather risqué summer project. If Lena needed her for something other than tonight then Kara's purpose in this summer project would be fulfilled. 'Damn it.' Kara could not think about it any longer or she would start to get depressed and she definitely didn't want to ruin the mood especially for tonight.