Chapter 7

The tension between the two soon to be lovers was growing as they drove to their destination. The silence between them revealed just how nervous they both were about the moments that would soon take place.

Lena felt her adrenaline rushing as she lay on the floor of Kara's truck. Over the years, she had become a person of adventure, thanks to Kara and her brother. But right now, she felt more adventurous than ever before.

She put her arms on the seat and leaned her head on them. She had two choices; either she looked to the truck's door at her left or Kara's thigh to her right. But with her building adrenaline and the feeling of adventure inside her, she chose to look at her right.

Kara's muscular leg flexed when she pushed to accelerate the vehicle, making the fabric of her jeans tighter in such a tempting way right next to the board of her zipper.

Lena swallowed nervously as she observed it. Her pulse quickened when she thought about the consequences of her decision. Of course, if they discovered that it wasn't going to work, they'd have to interrupt the whole schedule.

Kara was just as nervous, if not more, as Lena was. She turned on the radio, hoping that the sound of music would make things a bit more comfortable. But she knew that it was almost impossible.

The road ahead was a little bumpy, Kara warned her. "Try to be careful, I don't want to see you hurt or anything. After we pass that road you can sit again."

"Where are we going?" Lena asked.

"To a little road that I discovered a while ago we are going to make a turn now." Kara said, stepping on the breaks. The fabric of the jeans tensed again on her thighs.

Lena noticed it again and decided that watching Kara driving from her spot on the floor was a very erotic experience.

Kara held the wheels with one hand and put the other one on Lena's shoulder while Kara looked back. When her hand left Lena's shoulder, Lena suddenly wished it was still there. Maybe Kara's touch would not be as scary as she had thought.

"Okay, you can sit here now. No one comes around here." Kara said giving her a small, anxious smile.

"Except for you. You seem to know the place really well."Lena teased. She sat back up and fixed her dress.

"I've been here a few times." Kara said shyly.

"Getting busy?" Lena asked with a tone of jealousy.

"Don't start asking those kinds of questions, Lena. You will ruin the mood." Kara said through a sigh.

"So, getting busy then." she concluded without having to ask anything else.

Kara sighed again and turned on the lights.

Kara's lack of an answer confirmed Lena's hunches as she looked around. Calling it a lonely road was indeed a name well merited. Lena concluded that there was no trace of civilization.

Lena looked at the sunset. The sky was already purple. Such a beautiful view from there.
"This is really beautiful." she said trying to lighten the mood.

"I think so too." Kara said, relieved that Lena was not asking anything else.

Maybe she had spoken too soon. For whatever reason, maybe out of her own nervousness, Lena asked another unflattering question.
"So, who have you brought here?"

"Lena!" Kara scolded. "When two people are together, they should focus on each other." As true as that statement was Kara's real reason for making the claim was simple because she was trying to change the subject as it was making her uncomfortable.