Ch.36

Not only did Hermione have Cancer, but she also went into a coma.

McGonagall mailed The Gaunts about the news.After that she told Ginny to bring Hermione's friends to her office at 5 that afternoon.Ginny didn't have any emotions really.Hermione Gaunt, the bravest person she knew,had Cancer.

At lunch she told Harry,Ron,Luna,Neville,Dean,And Seamus to go to McGonagall's office at five but didn't tell them why,she couldn't bring herself to say it.At the end of lunch she went to Thebes Slytherin table. The group was talking and were surprised to see Ginny. "You have to meet McGonagall in her office at 5,it's urgent"Ginny said plainly.She felt to hurt to tell them anything else.

Hermione's family came at 3 to see their daughter. Hannah,Arianna,Chloe And the kids were in tears as Daniel, Henry and Ethan had their heads in their hands. "I know this might be a hard time for all of you,But Ms.Gaunt needs her rest"Madam Pomfrey Said. "Poppy's right, if you like, we can set up a time every week for you to see her when she's transferred to St Mungo's" McGonagall Said.The Parents Nodded Before getting up.They apparated away.

McGonagall was In her office now,waiting for all the staff to come. "What is it Minerva?"Flitwick Asked. "Poppy has notified me that Ms.Gaunt has Cancer"McGonagall Said. "Hermione?" Hagrid repeated.McGonagall nodded. "Have you told Potter And Weasley?"Pince,The librarian, Asked. "I'm about to tell them now"She Said.The staff left,a bit shocked.

Draco,Pansy,Astoria,Theo, And Blaise Met infront of McGonagall's office a few minutes early.They Saw Harry,Ron,Luna,Ginny,Dean And Seamus already there. "Ginny,just tell us"They Heard Ron say. "I'd rather McGonagall tell you"Ginny Said as she wiped her eyes. "You know what this is about?"Astoria Asked.Ginny nodded. "Come in"They Heard as the office door opened.They all entered and sat down. 

"As you might have realized,Ms.Gaunt isn't here"McGonagall Said.

They nodded.

"Hermione Gaunt Was diagnosed with Cancer last night"She Said.

They all let out a gasp as Ginny put her head in her hands. "How long has she had it?"Pansy Asked. "Madam Pomfrey says about a 3 months.As we didn't know,Ms.Gaunt is now under a lot of danger"She Said. "Are you sure she has it?"Harry Asked.McGonagall Nodded. "We've taken tests,a bunch of them.Ms.Gaunt will be transferred to St Mungo's in 2 hours.I will give all of you 10 minutes with her. You 7"She said to Pansy,Astoria,Blaise,Theo,Seamus,Luna, and Dean. "Will go first,I need a word with you four"She Added to Harry,Ron,Draco and Ginny.The other 7 left and their chairs disappeared.

"I know you two have been together since first year"McGonagall Said to Harry and Ron. "It must be hard for you, knowing you might lose her. You've been through the war together as well"She shook her head.  "You are all too young to deal with this"She Said as she looked at all four of them. "You are all the most important to her,just like Family.I'm allowing you four to see her on Saturday's at St Mungo's. Any news about her will be directly sent to you"She Said. They nodded. "I want a word with Mr.Malfoy now"She told them. The three Gryffindors left,Ginny patting Draco's shoulder as she did.

"I know there's some Drama between you two now,since the love potion,Out of the four of you, I think you're the one who's feeling trapped"She Said. "I talked to her yesterday Professor.We were trying to at least become friends again"He said. McGonagall Nodded.

"You May Leave as well.She's in the Hospital wing now"She told him.

Draco left,going down to the hospital wing. He sat down and waited for the rest finish.He was last to go.He sat down in one of the chairs waiting. Unfortunately,Harry was beside him.Harry opened his mouth to speak to him but Draco put his hand up. "No need to scold me Potter,I talked to her yesterday"Draco said. "She forgave you?"Harry Asked. "She was willing to"He said as he glared at the floor. "Now I'll never know if she fully forgave me"He muttered. "Ginny told me what happened. That Hermione still likes you.If she gets better Malfoy,You better not break her heart again. Put a lock on your door or something.You have no idea what the past few weeks have been like for Hermione."Harry Said.Draco nodded his head slowly.

When Ron entered the room Hermione was in,His eyes watered.He sat in the chair beside her bed. "I'm sorry Hermione,I'm sorry for what I did and I'm sorry for what I said. I can't stand not having you by my side.I miss you and the times we used to have.I know you like Malfoy now and I'll accept that,as long as your happy.Just come back Hermione"He said as he held her hand. 

"Don't Leave us Hermione.Ginny needs you,Harry needs you,Even Malfoy needs you,I need you" He said. "I regret the words I said when I saw you for the first time this year. I regret everything I've done to hurt you and I'm sorry I cheated on you with Lavender.I miss you Hermione"He said. "Times up Weasley"Madam Pomfrey Said as she entered the room.He squeezed her hand before getting up and leaving.

Harry was next to come.He entered and sat in the chair as Madam Pomfrey close the door.

He stared at her,unable to form words. He knew she wasn't dead but it looked like she was. "You better not leave me Hermione, you survived the last war,and you better survive this one too. No one's life is on the line other then yours now.You have to fight this.Once you get better,and you will, Me,you and Ron are gonna hang out again,just like old times."He said. He talked about what they would do when she Felton better,even though she probably didn't hear him.

Draco was last to go in.He was more hurried as she was going to St Mungo's in exactly 5 minutes. "You have really bad timing Gaunt"Draco said as he stared at her. "You becoming sick before the Halloween dance, That thing that happened to you when we were at the penthouse and now this? Why Gaunt,why?"He asked. "I'm not gonna let death you away from me Gaunt,mark my words,if you go,I go"He said.He held her hand in both of his. "I'm gonna miss you Hermione"He muttered as he moved a strand of hair off her face and behind her ear. "Mr.Malfoy,times up" Madam Pomfrey Said. He looked back at Hermione and kissed her hand. "Don't Leave me Gaunt"He whispered before getting out of the room.

They watched as nurses took Hermione out of the room and went to the fireplace in the Hospital wing,that happened to be the largest fireplace in the castle.

"You all better get going now. We'd appreciate it if you kept this quiet,off you go"McGonagall Said.

They left the room,The Slytherins going to their commen room and the Gryffindors going to theirs.

Draco didn't sit in the commen room like the rest,he went straight to his dorm. He sat on his bed,annoyed. "All those weeks I've wasted, trying to talk to her, yet I chose yesterday to get straight to the point"He muttered as he put his head in his hands. "It's better then never Draco"He heard and looked up.Astoria walked towards him and sat on the bed across from him. She put her hand on his shoulder. "If you hadn't told her yesturday,she would have spent the rest of her time in St Mungo's hating you"Astoria Said. "Theo Said Talked to her yesterday,that's what convinced her to meet me"He said. "Just be greatful you were one of the last people to see  her before she went into a Coma"Astoria Said.Draco felt a tear slide down his cheek. "What If She  doesn't get better Astoria? What if she leaves forever?"He asked. "What happened when you talked to her?"Astoria Asked. "We argued but she agreed to forgive me as long as we take a break from dating"He Said. 

"And the Draco I know wouldn't have let her leave without a kiss" Astoria Smirked lightly.

 "We knew it'd be our last kiss for awhile,but I didn't think that it would be our final kiss"He said. 

He didn't feel ashamed as more tears fell.Astoria was the only one who'd seen him cry other then his mother.