Ch.40

Next morning Ginny was brought to Gryffindor tower in the morning by Nagini as Hermione went to the bathroom.She put on a white sweatband that matched with her white Ruched Bardot Off-shoulder Crop Top.With that,She Put on a light jeans shorts.

She left the bathroom and grabbed her bag before leaving her room

She left the bathroom and grabbed her bag before leaving her room. "Where's Weaselette"Blaise Asked as he glanced into her room before she closed the door. "In Gryffindor tower"Hermione replied as she put in her gold Heart earrings. "She didn't leave your room though"Pansy Said. "Nagini apparated Her There"Hermione Said as they began to walk out of the commen room. "That Snake Of yours is weird"Astoria Said with a shake of her head. "Cool,but weird"Theo agreed. 

They went to the Great Hall and sat down. "Exams are to start after Breakfast,once all younger students have left,remember to wait here for your next instructions"McGonagall Said Once nearly all the tables were full.

"We'll see if spending 20 hours a day in the library is gonna pay off"Daphne said,smirking at Hermione. "20 is too much"Hermione Said as she searched through her bag.She pulled out a book labeled; Exams of Hogwarts. She placed it down on the table, making Pansy and Blaise move their plates before they were crushed. "What is that for?"Draco Asked. "I'm just checking what exams are first"She muttered as she flipped through the pages. The Slytherins glanced at each other. "There! We have Transfiguration and Charms today" She Said. 

After everyone left the Great hall,The 7th and 8th years stood up.Their house tables disappeared, now replaced with Desks of two. "Sit down"McGonagall ordered.They all sat at the desk closest to them.Hermione ended up sitting beside Draco.She noticed most of the girls in her year glare at her.She thought about what Ginny had said,Maybe it was true that most of them had asked Draco out.She smirked to herself and glanced at him. He really hadn't given up on her. The teachers came around,handing out the paper.

A few hours passed. "Please wrote your name on your paper"McGonagall Said. A few seconds later their papers floated up to the front,into a basket. "Please step out of the hall and wait for your names to be called"She said. There was noise as their chairs moved.The hall emptied. A few minutes later a ministry official came out. "Hannah Abbott, Susan Bones, Terry Boot, Mandy Brocklehurst, Lavender Brown"The guy said.The 5 got up and went in.

Another official came out 5 minutes later. "Millicent Bulstrode, Cho Chang, Michael Corner, Vincent Crabbe, Stephen Cornfoot"The lady ordered And they followed her out of the entrance hall.

Every five minutes a Ministry official came out. The next group was Tracey Davis, Marietta Edgecombe, Kevin Entwhistle, Seamus Finnigan, And Justin Finch-Fletchley.After that was Hermione Gaunt ,Daphne Greengrass, Astoria Greengrass, Anthony Goldstein,Gregory Goyle.

Hermione was pretty nervous.She was supposed to transform a Rat into a blanket.Though She was nervous,The blanket was good.

Draco,Trent,Blaise, Theo And Pansy watched three of their friends go in.They got more nervous. This time McGonagall Came out. "Wayne Hopkins,Megan Jones,Veronica Kilwork, Sue Li, Neville Longbottom,Luna Lovegood"She Called out.They were surprised she called out 7 but were happy it was none of them.

The 5 relaxed till Flitwick Came out. "Isobel MacDougal, Ernie Macmillan,Draco Malfoy, Roger Malone,Lily Moon, Theodore Nott"He said. Trent,Blaise And Pansy laughed as the two got up and left.

Their laugh didn't last long as a Official came out. "Pansy Parkinson,Parvati Patil,Padma Patil, Trent Pentlen,Sally-Anne Perks". Blaise was left alone. It wasn't as fun anymore.

Ginny,Harry and Ron waited for their turn. "I bet you Hermione will ace it as always"Harry muttered. "I don't think I will though"Ron Said. Slughorn came out of the great hall. "Harry Potter, Oliver Rivers, Sophie Roper, Sally Smith,Dean Thomas"He said.Ron and Ginny wished him luck as he got up.There was 5 Left.A ministry official came out. "Lisa Turpin, Ginny Weasley, Ronald Weasley, Clare Wishwell,Blaise Zabini"He called.

They later found out that they would have to stay with the groups for the whole week during exams. When Lunch Came,They were free to go. "Transfiguration is over in only 2 hours"Theo Said as he sat down. "It's not really a break,right after that the Charms exams begin"Hermione said. "Hermione"Astoria Said with a smirk. Hermione looked up from her food. The Greengrass sisters and Pansy were smirking at her. "What?"She Asked. "Have you noticed that,I don't know, all the girls in our grade have been glaring at you?"Pansy Asked. "Oh,ya, they've been glaring at me since the beginning"Hermione Said. "Don't you wonder why?"Daphne Asked,smirking. "It's not a wonder mission,they're just mad they got rejected by Malfoy"Hermione shrugged as when lazily gestured to Draco who was currently talking to Blaise. Their smirks fell. 

"Who told you?"Astoria Asked.

 "The one and only Ginerva Weasley"She Grinned.

The three turned at Glared At the red head. "She ruins the fun!"Pansy groaned. "But if you knew,that means you've thought about it"Daphne Said. "You realize that he rejected each girl that asked him out because of you,If you don't make up with him Gaunt, He's gonna go mad" Astoria Said. "Yes I know and I'm thinking about it.Just give me a bit of time"Hermione Said. "The school year is gonna end in less then 3 weeks Gaunt! You may never see Draco again! You may never see us again!"Astoria Said.The boys were suddenly paying attention to what they were saying but pretended to eat. 

"You try being in my shoes Greengrass! It's not an easy decision!"Hermione snapped at her. 

Astoria knew she'd gone too far. Hermione grabbed her bag and left the Great hall without another word. "Nice one Astoria,you've scared her off"Blaise snapped. "I can't stand Draco mooring over her anymore!"Astoria Said. "Don't just consider me Astoria, She was in a Coma, how do you think she feels? She's wasted 4 months of her life in a hospital stuck in her own body"Draco said before getting up.He went after Hermione,seeing her enter the commen room. He saw her enter her room and she was about to close it but he put his foot infront of the door before it got to lock. She opened the door and Glared at him. There were tears in her eyes. "Let me in Hermione,talk to me"He said as he cupped her cheek with him right hand.She closed her eyes,leaning against his touch before letting him into the room.

He sat down on the bed as she leaned against the wall. "I'm sorry about Astoria-"Draco began but she interrupted him. "She was right Draco!"Hermione snapped. "I told you I need time to think,that was 4 months ago! The school year is ending and I still haven't made up my mind!" She Said as a tear slipped down her cheek. He got up and pulled her into a hug. "No matter what happens Gaunt, I'm always here. So what if the school year ends? We're friends for a reason and friends don't just lose touch"He said as he stroked the top of her head. "Ginny told me about all the girls that asked you out"She muttered before pulling away from him. "I was gone, you could have picked anyone,why didn't you?"She Asked.He smirked at her. "What did I tell you Gaunt? That night in the Astronomy tower? I told you I was willing to wait,even if it meant I had to wait in the After life as well"Draco said. "What's so special about me Malfoy? Tell me! I know it's not just looks you're after, there had to be someone in that crowd of girls that are better then me! So why did you chose me?"She snapped.

"I chose you a long time ago Hermione, I chose you in 3rd year,my eye has been on you ever since"He said. "I bet Weasley didn't tell you but I acted out at Hogwarts.He beat him the day he returned, I also beat Mclaggen in 6th year, you know why? Because I wanted to be the one with you, not one of those fools"He told her.

"You know I still love you Draco and I know I've made you wait long enough but I'll have your answer in two weeks,understand"Hermione Said to him.He nodded before saying; "I'll wait all the time in the world for you".He kissed the top of her head before leaving her room.