Job

Namjoon's POV

The Kim's slept over at the Son residents once again. Namjoon and Y/N didn't have work the next day so nobody minded. The only difference is Y/N made Namjoon sleep on the couch. She said it was because he might start dating her sister. Although reluctant, he made his way to the couch with a pillow and blanket.

It was about 3 am when he heard foot steps coming from the stairwell. Assuming it was one of the boys getting water he ignored it and stayed where he was. As, the footsteps got closer he heard a thud followed by a quiet cuss. He immediately knew it was Y/N. He found out she had a secret potty mouth when Yoongi cursed and said he heard Y/N say it once. He found it cute. How someone so small could seem so threatening.

The sound of her rummaging around the house continued for 10 minutes or so before Namjoon finally got up. "Whatcha looking for?" He asked successfully gaining her attention. Her movement came to a halt and she stared at him like a deer in headlights. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." She said in a hushed tone. She continued quickly moving from room to room. "It's all good, but mind telling me why your running around like you're trying to leave before your one night stand wakes up?"

She stopped moving once again. Even though it was dark, Namjoon could tell that she was blushing. They both laughed. "Y/N you are a doctor and have 3 kids. I will never understand how anything sex related still makes you uncomfortable." He teased earning a slap on the shoulder. She lifted up a bag holding what seemed like everything she was gathering. "Sorry Mr.Kim, but unlike you I've only had sex with one person." She stuck her tongue out playfully.

"Wow his pullout game must be weak."

"Joon!" She scolded jokingly. "Besides, you have 3 kids, too." Namjoon placed his hand over his heart and double over in pain. "Wow, N/N. That was harsh." She shook her heard in amusement with a grin on her face. "Anyways Joon, one of the surgeons couldn't make it, so I was called in for an emergency operation. I'm going to be gone for a few hours." She said returning to her work mode.

"Alright, I'll stay here for the day, be safe."

"Will do."

~

"Oh gosh, Y/N! Thank you so much for coming on such short notice." Lee Jihyo ran up to her hurriedly. "Doctor Wang can't make it and the patients vitals are declining." Jihyo handed Y/N a file holding the information on the patient. "Understood. Let's go." The two girls jogged toward the operation room.

This patient had stage four liver cancer. The prior liver transplant was successful, but now it seems the new liver is being rejected by the body. This surgery needs to be done quickly before the body completely rejects the liver.

Multiple nurses helped Y/N suit up to speed up the process. "Hey Doctor Son!" A male voice said. She turned her head to see a new OR nurse named Na Jaemin. "Hey Nana. This is your first on hand operation isn't?" He nodded enthusiastically. "I've been training hard and I'm super confident." She smiled at the younger. "Then, I trust you." the younger beamed in response.

Thankfully, Y/N wasn't the head surgeon during this operation. This gave her time to calm down her nerves before entering the room and giving a short bow to the rest of the surgical team.

For the first 2 hours of the operation, everything was going smoothly. Another OR nurse named Jeon Soyeon needed to step out the room. Her focus was deteriorating leaving room for error. Jaemin was subbed in.

"Clear the field." Y/N said. The blood from around the failing liver was flooding the incision point. "Clear the field." She said again seeing as it had not been done the first time she said it. She looked up to see Jaemin was frozen, either from nerves or from fear, but that didn't matter. "Na Jaemin! Snap out of it. I put my trust in you to not let your nerves cost us this operation! Someone's life is at stake. Now clear the fucking field."

By then, it had been too late. "We're losing him.

Because she blindly made the cut, it was in the from area. She had cut the portal vein supporting the parasympathetic nervous system. Blood had also entered the incision point flooding the liver. In her eyes, Y/N had just killed a man. There was no saving him after that. The rest of the surgical team knew that as well.

They kept the anesthetic on the patient and began to clean the operation room. His heart monitor flatlined. And the surgical team left the room.

That man was pronounced dead at 6:43 am.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Guys, I am so sorry it took me so long to publish this chapter. Thank you so much for reading. I'm going to try and update again tomorrow. The truth is my depression came back and my grades were dropping and there was a lot going on. I'm back with ideas and I'll do my best to update atleast once every week.

Saranghae Army hoes <333