Just Dudes Being Guys

Namjoon had been alone that day. He dropped the boys at their friend's house for a play date. So, for one day in 3 years, he had no major responsibilities. He had taken a break from his job to spend more time with his kids. 2 weeks off to be specific. So he had some free time.

Earlier that day, he had gotten a text from his friends asking if he wanted to meet up. Of course, he excepted the offer. They were... an odd bunch of friends. All adult males, they weren't particularly close to each other, but they enjoyed each other's company. Often, when they meet up, they got drunk and spilled all of their troubles. Without the fear of being judged for their mistakes. That's what Namjoon liked the most.

On his way to the agreed meet up point, he passed a vaguely familiar store. Seventeen's Ice Cream. He didn't know why it was familiar, or why he felt like he should be in there. But brushed off the odd feeling and continued his walk.

In his group of friends, there were 6 of them. Kai and Wang were the oldest at 27 and S.coups was the youngest at 24. There was Sik-K and Hajie who were both 25. Namjoon, who inside the group went by the name RM, was 26. He would be 27 later in the year. They went by nicknames because if someone decided to snitch on someone for what they did, they couldn't use their actual name. It was all part of their no judgement idea.

Soon enough, he reached the agreed upon bar. He was a few minutes early, so he had time to spare before the other showed up. Or so he thought. "RM! Over here!" He looked over to where he saw heard the voice and saw none other than his favorite muscle pic Wang. Wang was about 5'9 with platinum blond hair. He was a Chinese-Korean and frankly, he was Namjoon's favorite in the group.

"Hey hyung!"  He quickly walked over to the booth where Wang was seated. Wang was a doctor. They often got along by using "smart people words" according to Hajie. But overall he was a chill guy. He and Namjoon vented the least in the group, not coming across that many life problems. But they were good listeners. When the clock reached 4pm, slowly but surely everyone begun to show up.

~~

By this time, everyone has had a few drinks. They were all laughing and talking and enjoying the calm music that played throughout the bar. Kai through his head back taking a shot before exhaling deeply. "Okay, vent time." Everyone nodded as to say they were listening. "Okay, I'll go first." Wang said and rolled his shoulders back. "As you all know, I'm a doctor." He took a deep breath before continuing. "A few weeks ago, one of my patients needed an emergency surgery but it was 3am and I missed the call and now that patient is dead." Everyone there could tell Wang felt absolutely awful about it.

But Namjoon, who was seated right next to him was deep in thought. He remembered Y/N was called in at 3am for an emergency operation, but she didn't tell him the out come of the operation. It could just be a mere coincidence. Kai's voice brought him back to reality. "Man there's no way you could've known. Like sure it's a responsibility, but there's no way to know when one of ur patients are gonna need help." Everyone else gave words of agreement. Wang gave a small smile. "Thanks guys. Who's next?" He asked as he reached for his beer.

Kai raised his hand slightly putting down his wine. Every time they met up Kai always drunk wine. "I'll go." He said staring at his glass. He chuckled sadly. "Y'all are gonna think I'm a complete asshole after this, but here goes nothing." He leaned back in his seat. "I met this girl when I was in college and she was absolutely beautiful. A little on the short side, but overall she was a really smart and pure person. And I mean pure. She was a virgin and everything. I um.." he cleared his throat before he continued. "I made her fall in love with me, took her virginity, and hell we moved in with each other. She finished college at the same time as I did being the little smart ass she is." All the men watched as Kai smiled fondly at the memories. They could all tell she was very important to him.

"Did she cheat on you or something?" Hajie asked with a sympathetic look. Kai chuckled darkly in response. "I wish she did." The rest of them looked at him confused. "I left her. And our three kids. I started going by Kai just in case she had been trying to find me. But now, more than anything i want her back. I want to be in those little boys lives. The oldest one of them would be 6 right now." The others stared at Kai with shocked looks on their faces. S.coups cleared his throat. "On a happier note, I started talking to this girl." He smiled brightly at his hyungs earning many congratulatory phrases in response.

"Me too actually." Namjoon said earning everyone's attention. "Actually my story is kinda girl drama." The guys whistled in response. "Look at RM getting the girls with his awkward ass." Wang said slapping Namjoon's shoulder in praise. "So it started when I bumped into girl and her sons during one of my son's orientation." He laughed to himself at the memory and how he thought Y/N was a child. "Our families got closer and I consider her sons my own. We text everyday and she is absolutely stunning. But, so is her sister." An uproar of cheers and howls occurred in the booth. "Namjoon you animal." Sik-K laughed loudly. "Hey, I get dibs on whatever sister you drop." Hajie said mankind kissy faces at RM earning a kick from under the table.

"Hey man, be nice. Sharing is caring." Wang said with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: What's this I see, another update? Anyways STREAM DAECHWITA!!! MATTER OF FACT STREAM AGUST D2. What's your favorite song on the album?

Saranghae Army Hoes <333