Chapter 1

"Shhhhh...Shhhhh... please... Lacey, stop crying" I whispered  frantically. "I don't want him to hear you! Shhhhh... baby.... Mommy is here..."

    Lacey snuggled closer and hugged me tightly "mommy pwease don't go away again" Her tiny voice quivered. " I Love You." My heart instantly melted when she said those words.  " I love you too... so much... and I won't go away again."   
  "  Pwomise "  she asked   " Of course baby go to sleep" I said kissing her soft cheek. 

    After 5 minutes she was snoring softly. I put her in the queen size bed and went to the bathroom to clean my wounds. I was crying silently as the water washed the blood off my hand.
He beat me again...  It was to same routine every day. He'd come home drunk ask for me and beat me with anything he could until I passed out. Then he'd leave me until i awoke and wait for him to come again.
Lacey was the only sunshine in my dark life. Tonight he'd almost found her. I couldn't let that happen. If he found her he'd... he'd... kill her.

   Ring... Ring... I let out a startled scream! Shit. I almost woke Lacey. I ran into my room to look for my phone.  When I finally found it I was relieved to see that it was Tytus.
             "Hello???"
              " Hey Tytus how are you?"
              " I'm fine... but baby how are you"
At the tenderness of his voice I started crying. "He... He... " I tried to say
             " He what?? " his gentle voice prompt.
             " Tytus he almost found her"
             " what the f*ck.. where is she, I'm coming over!" I could here panic in his voice and shuffling on the other side of the line.
             " Tytus... I said almost!"
             " i know Aurora!  But this bullshit has to f*cking stop. And I mean stop... he can't come home and beat u everyday he can't make you do anything for him. "
             " I know  Tytus I can't... I can't do this anymore... will you please help me?"  Sobs wrecked my body i sunk to the floor and curled into a ball.
             " yes... Yes I'll help you baby girl."
              " B-but h-h-how "
              " Oh Baby Girl I have the perfect way. I'm flying Kayden to his private island tomorrow for a year... he has to stay for a year I'll fly you and Lacey with... and you'll stay in the separate beach hut."
            " Tytus?? No I'm not doing that!!!  Kayd or whatever his name is won't want me there... I'll just be in his way and... "
              " Aurora u can cook... right ..."
               " Yes... but why... "
               " okay you'll go as the cook and housekeeper. "
              " now it makes a bit more sense.... hey did u say for a year."
              " yes... and no buts you're going.... pack Lacey's and your bags . Aurora you have to get out of that hellhole. I'll come to the window at 4:30 a.m. be ready... oh Aurora I love You"
                " Love you too and I'll be ready..."
With that he hung up the phone. For the first time in 2 years I sliver of sunlight filtered into my dark and meaningless heart. I was going to get away for him finally ... finally...  with a song in my heart I started to pack our bags...

      Hey Guys!!!this is my first Chapter I've ever published.... How did I do??

    Please Vote &  Comment. 😉😉😉