Chapter 8

Kayden's POV
     "Noooooo!" Lacey shrieked as I poured water on her toes. But I held her down playfully, and poured more water on her toes. She giggled and tried to stand up. I finally let go of her and we fell in an exhausted heap and the sandy beach. After a while I lay on my back and closed my eyes, then I heard a girly giggle, and I knew she was up to something.

   I laughed when I felt cool water on my toes. "Kay- Kay, i got you back."

      "Yeah you sure did darling." Laughing i caught her and set her on my stomach, so her legs were on either side of me. A weird image flooded my mind as I pictured Aurora straddling me, sitting just as Lacey was sitting just further back.... I groaned, if that little girl could see what I was thinking about her mommy she would run far, far away.... i would kiss her until she would be so.....my wicked thoughts came to an abrupt halt when I heard Lacey's question.

     "Kay-kay who is my daddy?" She asked her voice quivering. Crap!!!! What the hell should I say now? She sounded so betrayed somehow.... hell I didn't even know who that son of a bitch was who let Aurora go let alone Laces.

   "Laces, what did you mommy tell you about your daddy?" I asked gently, wiping away the few stray tears that fell from her eyes.

  " Ummmm, mommy said that I shouldn't ask her about it and that she hated him so much, she said that he was a monster, like in the movie Frozen where Elsa makes the monster the almost hurts Anna. But I never ask her again because she gets sad and...."  Lacey started to sniffle. 

    "Laces, come on, please don't cry." I sat up and hugged her tight. Wiping the tears that fell from her grey- green eyes, her eyes certainly weren't like Aurora's chocolate brown eyes. We sat their and she snuggled close and sighed into my chest. After a while, " Kay-Kay, will you be my new daddy?" She asked innocently. Her words tugged at my heart strings, and I felt some sort of longing I'd never felt before.

    " please Kay-Kay, I want you to be my Daddy." She begged. I swallowed hard thinking of what I should say next. "Laces," I began speaking, but stopped, what the hell was I doing.  " I really want to be your daddy, but that would mean I'd have to marry your mommy." I spoke the words before my mind could fathom what I'd just told her. Of course I was attracted to Aurora but it would never work out, like ever. I wasn't the kind of person to marry. I had to much baggage from my past, that I didn't want to drag Aurora or Lacey into.

   Lacey giggled and got up from my lap, and started running over the sandy beach to the house. " Laces, where are you going?" I yelled at her playfully.

" I'm going to ask mommy if she will marry you." She yelled back she she climbed the stairs the the house.
OH F*CK NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Why the hell did I tell her that now what the hell will I tell Aurora.............

   I got up and started running towards the house, thinking maybe I could stop her. But when I opened the door I heard Lacey saying "mommy? mommy? Where are you mommy?" She was running around the house calling for Aurora. I grabbed her and held her in my arms. "Laces, I will ask your mommy if she wants to marry me. Okay. You don't have to ask her. " I told her.
She threw her arms around my neck and hugged my tightly almost cutting off my air supply. I sighed with obvious relief and pried her hands off from around neck. If only she knew.... but I couldn't crush her dreams.

     I looked around and expected Lacey's sexy mother to come running as Lacey almost screamed her head off, but I couldn't see or hear her. "Rora?" I yelled but my voice just came echoing back. I yelled several times before I got really really worried. Where the f*uck was she. I sat Lacey on the couch and turned on the TV to a cartoon channel and told her to stay here. "I'll go get your mommy." But she just nodded with her eyes glued to the TV screen. I chuckled and when to open the back door, when I saw pizza crust on the counter. Like she was preparing supper.Where the hell was she? I opened the back door and sighed with relief when I saw her running.