Chapter 7

Aurora's POV
For the next couple of weeks we settled into a comfortable routine. Lacey and Kayden got along really well. I'm sure he'd be a very good dad one day. Every morning he'd workout for half an hour in the houses gym. I avoided going in their because he was shirtless and sweaty and sexy and....Lacey always went with him. It was adorable to watch her trying to do a chin up or lifting weights. I learned a lot of things about him from Lacey. He was like a pro surfer, he liked Itilian food, he could speak fluent in 3 languages..... and yeah, so on.

I was always nervous when he was around me, my heart started beating and I got really sweaty. I felt like he could read me like an open book. His icy blue eyes seeing to the depths of my soul. I had packed lots of long sleeve tshirts to cover up my buises and scars. I bruises were already a dull color, as they didn't get renewed every night. But since Hawaii was really, really hot. Like 35°C hot. So I started wearing tank tops and cut off jeans and stuff like that. But not before spending half an hour in the bathroom every morning covering up my flawed body. As I put makeup over each scar the pain and the darkness came flooding back.

I was still cried every day. It helped me cope. But the nightmares were less and less. Tytus came once a month bringing supplies and food. I was always glad when he came. I could talk to him about anything. He always just stayed the night, sometimes less than that. Aeriel on the other hand was still on the idea that we were going to fall in love and blah... blah... blah... all that stuff. But that would be to cliche. It would be like watching a Netflix romance movie. Where the knight in shining armor comes and rescuses the damsel in distress. No! My life was never going to be like that. I was a f*cking pathetic asshole, and once Kayden found that out who I really am he was going to run away and never look back. They all did that...

Beep.... my eyes snapped open and I realized I had fallen asleep on the hammock in the palm trees. I reached over for my phone when i heard a screech, a Lacey screech. I panicked and looked around. When I finally saw them I sighed with relief. Lacey and Kayden were on the beach. He was pouring cool water on her toes. She tried to squirm away but he held her down playfully. Bittersweet tears fell down from my eyes. Sweet because I had never seen Lacey so happy. And bitter because I knew it would break her heart when the year was over and we went back. Back to him and the constant darkness.

#######################
Kayden's POV
Holy Crap!!!! I'm so glad that Tytus talked me into letting them stay with me. Lacey was my best friend. Literally!!! I fell in Love with ever since meeting her on the plane. I was never around kids so I didn't really know they were. But lacey is the best. Her mother on the other hand is still the sexy goddess that was staring at me on the plane. But she's hiding something from me. I wanted her to let me in. I wanted to be a part of her life. Everytime I'm near her she get all nervous and jumpy. When I accidentally touch her she flinches and backs away. I know someone has hurt her in the past, and I want to murder them.... like more than I want to murder Margaret. Aurora was mine.... Well, shit that sounded possessive but I didn't care, I would find out what the hell happened to her, and that pathetic f*ucking asshole would pay..... for everything he ever did to my angel......

Aurora's POV
That night I decided to make pizza for supper. Lacey and Kayden were on the beach making mud pies or something like that. I took my earphones and started listening to country music. I really really like country music. I moved my hips to the beat of Kenny Cheasney's songs. I laughed at my myself thinking at how weird I must look. I started making the pizza. I took the Frozen Pizza crust out of the oven
When my phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out and saw I message from Aeriel.

Aeriel: hey girl wats up.
Aurora: Just listening to Kenny Cheasney and making pizza for supper.
Aeriel: I wish Ty would take me with next time he comes. He is so stubborn🙄🙄
Aurora: We have to convince him somehow.
Aeriel: no kidding I miss my Laces.... and you.... of course.
Aurora: hey Aeriel........ I need pills.... mine r empty
Aeriel: Rora I thought we agreed to no more..... and Tytus will never ever let me.....
Aurora: Plz plz plz..... Ari I need them... the nightmares are coming back. I Kayden can't find out. And besides you r the doctor not Tytus. You don't need to tell him.
Aeriel: Ughhhh....... I hate lying to him.... his eyes can look into my soul. How will I get them to you if I agree. And I stress if....
Aurora: ummmmm I packed lots of long sleeve tshirts and not enough summer stuff so you can pack a suitcase of summer clothes and hide it in their....... plz I love you 😚😚😚😚
Aeriel: Fine..... but only because you're my friend and I love you too. HOLY CRAP!!!!! Hey have you seen this.... wait I'll send you a picture.
I was puzzled at what she was talking about. Until I saw the picture. I visibly paled at who I saw on the picture. At headline was: Billionaire Larry Hights looking for his wife Aurora Hights. He believes she was kidnapped... Police and FBI are investigating all over the world are looking for Aurora and the mysterious disappearance.... Larry Hights says to the FBI " Please bring my wife back, she means the world to me.... I can't sleep at night knowing she somewhere and I can't see her. She was my light in the darkness, and I want her back safe and sound."
I started crying when I read the last part. He sounded so caring and kind. But he was a monster, and the worst part was everyone would believe him, and think he actually meant it.