Chapter 11

Kayden's POV

   "Kay-Kay please?" Lacey begged me, looking at me with those damn puppy eyes. I hated that look, because I was powerless over it. I sighed rubbing my temples. "Fine." I muttered.  "But just 15 minutes then we have to go to bed."

    "Yayyyyy," she yelled. Making me wince and cover my ears.  "Come on," she tugged my hand. "Don't be such a party pooper." She said but quickly covered her mouth when she realized said. I chuckled at her reaction. "Where did you learn that?"

   "Auntie Princess always calls mom that..."she paused and looked up at me. "But Kay-Kay please don't tell mommy that I said that, then she takes 2 dollars out of the swear jar." 

  "I Promise I won't tell her if you promise not to say if again. Okay?" She held out her pinkie. "Pinkie promise?" I tugged her pinkie.

   "Now let's go!!!!" She tugged me towards the TV. She somehow talked me into watching Frozen. Again.... While Rora, Areiel and Ty were at the bonfire. I wanted to go out but what the heck. "Wait, I have to go get my glasses?" She nodded but kept her eyes glued on the TV screen. I chuckled and went to grab my black glasses. They were such a bother. But I needed them to read...

   "Look what Christof and Sven are doing." She giggled. I laughed with her. How can you be soooooo obsessed the a movie. I mean it's like the 20 th time I've watched it.

   "Crap!" I stood up quickly from the couch. Lacey flinched at my quick actions. F*ck not now.... No... But my phone rang again. I looked at the caller ID. Not my mom please. But no such luck.

   "Look Lacey I have to answer this please don't talk, ok?" She nodded slightly.

  I pressed answer, but I so wanted to press decline. "Hello?"
"Yes, mom what do you want?" I asked rudely.

  Lacey looked surprised at my cold demeanor. I reached out my hand and grabbed her smiling softly.

"Seriously Kayden, I miss you, baby." I snorted.

"Yes, mom I sure you do, note the sarcasm."
"Look I don't want to fight, I just want to say, I'm sorry, for not believing you. I was just so surprised when I heard it...." she trailed off.
"You should have thought about that before you sent me out on this godforsaken island, and next time you should believe your Son instead of the boob job bitc....." I stopped abruptly. Shit Lacey! Just keep quiet.... I silently begged her.

   But no such luck. "Kay-Kay you have to add to the swear jar." She exclaimed excitedly. Oh! F*ck NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

    "Kayden Lucas Chandler, who is with you?" My mom asked. Damn her ears...

   "Ummmm, it's just the TV." I said hoping she'd buy it.

"No, don't lie to me son, who is it, I clearly heard a child's voice say your name. What the hell are you doing with a child?"

  Lacey giggled beside me. "Now she has to add to the sweat jar to."

   "Kayden, I heard it again? Who is it?"

   "Ummmmm, she's is ...." I was about to say she was Tytus's daughter but Lacey grabbed the phone and it her ear. "Hello?"

    "Hello?" I could hear the surprise in mom's voice. "Who are you darling?"

   "Well ma'am you need to add a dollar to my swear jar, because you said a bad word. But my name is Lacey and I'm Kay-Kay's daughter."

  Suddenly the world ceased to spin. Everyone was silent. Trying to process what Lacey said. I recovered first, and grabbed the phone from Lacey.