Reception 2

"I am Kevin."

"I am Harry."

Meeting the MC's loyal friends makes Monet feel excited.
She always like Kevin's devil may care attitude in the book. He is the one who always confronts Monet.
Harry is the soft guy. He doesn't like arguing with the girl and usually stops Kevin when he become extremely mad at Monet.
She is like the fire extinguisher. He also has the mildest temper within the group. Making him the most charming character next to the overpowered MC.
She also vote for him in the poll.

"I am Monet. I heard alot about you two."

"Oh? Like what?" Kevin smiles.

"You dance wearing dress and high heels in your university foundation day."

"Dude! Do you really have to sell us out?" Kevin shock.

"It is not a secret, right?" Ian smiles and carry Isaac in his shoulder.

"Do you want to see it?" Harry asks.

"Please do."

"Oh Gawd, this is not something to be proud of." Kevin sighs.

"Oh, I do respected men who can wear heels. It is very uncomfortable and one wrong move can be serious injury." Monet said seriously.

Kevin laughs dryly.
"Your respect is so weirdly achieve huh."

"Are you that bothered? I want to see it because it sounds very funny and cute but I do not want to offend my husband's friend."

"No.no.no. That is not too much of a deal."

"Kevin is just being overly dramatic because he wants to leave a good impression to you. You are our friends wife so we really want to have a good first impression, is all he really want to say." Harry chuckles.

"Oh. Well, I am also extremely curious about you two. To be good friend with this seemingly perfect man. Must be tiring to be compared everytime."

"Oh! You truly knows how we feels. It is tiring and he is very selfish most of the time." Kevin said sighing.

"Hey." Ian looks at them.

"Though it is not marriage born from love I wish to be close to people that makes my husband feel at eased. And those people are rare. You two are very important to him so I want to know if you two will like me." Monet smiles.

"Well, you can go on a date with both of us." Kevin.

"Hey!"Ian raised a brow.

"My, how romantic." Monet blinks shyly.

"Hey!"

Harry on the side blinks and then he laughs.
"I guess Kevin doesn't dislike you."

Kevin frowns.
"I didn't say I dislike her."

Ian chuckles.
"Your opinion bears no bearing anyways."

"Meanie."

"So where are you two spending your honeymoon?" Kevin smirks.

"We don't have to, right?" Monet looks at the pale Ian. She knows Ian didn't prepare anything like that. Tomorrow he will go to the company as if nothing happened.

"Hey dude. Are you serious?" Kevin looks at Ian.

Ian, who doesn't know that his former attitude can hurt his new wife, is now troubled.
If people find out he doesn't prepare anything then would they throw dirt on this woman behind his back again?

Monet see the distress in Ian's eyes.
"I heard that your company is preparing for a multi million contract. No one will find it unusual if you prioritize it."

"But.."

"Those malicious people will keep talking. As long as we are not affected it doesn't matter."

"I'm sorry. Is that insensitive of me to ask?"
Kevin asks hearing the distress in the couples conversation.

"Its because you won't shut up." Harry frowns.

"No. It doesn't really matter." Monet said smiling.

The party are noisy and lively.
No one really know but people starts asking the couple to kiss and drink.
The two shared a kiss for more than 6 times.

They barely knew each other but they can be called a little bit more closer.

Monet is actually a heavy drinker compared to Ian.
The two have to dance and talk to different people.
Thrice they are talking to someone else but they will look at each other and knowingly smiles as if they can figure out what the other is thinking.

"Isaac is sleepy." Ian said.

"Let's go home then."
Monet put her wine glass in the table and walk to his side.

"But the party. We can't leave too early."

"We have a little boy to consider. We can't be so carefree and be unreasonable parents."

"Hmm. You knew better."

"They say mothers know best. I will talk to our parents so they can entertain the guests without us."

"Hmm.I will let you handle it. I will call the driver."

***

"You two will leave? It's too early."

"Mom, Isaac has class tomorrow. Ian also have work." Monet.

"He will go to work?"

"Dad, you also hear that my husband is trying to win a bid right?"

"Yes but...You..."

"It'll be fine. After we are both free."

"You don't do anything. You are free."

"Not for long. I told you I will open a shop right."

"What shop?"

"Just...I will talk to Ian about it. I just want something to do."

"You two parents. Your daughter is now a wife and a mother. Give her more credit. Daughter, take good care of my son and grandson,okay?"

"Yes I will."

***

"Took you so long."

"They won't let me go so easily." Monet laughs.

After arriving in the house the maids greet them and say congratulations before they go to their work.

They put Isaac to bed.
"He looks so tired. It is good we get home early. Tomorrow he won't be too tired at school." Monet said and cover Isaac with a blanket before she fixes the room airconditioned.

"Hmm. Let's go to our room now."
Ian pulls her yawning.

The room is just near so they went inside easily.

"I will be in the shower first." Ian said and went inside.

"Uh--okay.." Monet smiles. In the novel Ian also went home early. But they are in separate room.

She went to look for her night gown.

When Ian went out of the bath, his heart is actually beating a bit faster.
Well, they are couple. And consummating their marriage is normal.
But looking around, he is all alone in the room.

A/N:

I want to eat more.
Ate a yellow pear. Juicy and sweet but half is already rotten. I am saving it only to be heart broken that half of it should be thrown.

There is a weird after taste though. Lololololols