Chapter 2: Mason's Wild Ride

At the same time, a young teen named Mason Scott was in Downtown Akron on the Y-bridge. Mason was one of the few teens that's always goofing around even when a situation doesn't call for it. From pulling pranks to creating weird inventions, he was always the one responsible.

His friends, Finn, Kardierre, Essence and Bree were always right behind him, even during serious times. However, today was nothing serious. Mason was getting ready to try out his turbo broom that he invented.

"Okay, guys. Listen up," he said. "Time to test out a new device that will be known to all teenagerkind."

"Mason, are you sure this is safe?" asked Bree.

" 'It's it safe?' Of course it's safe, Bree. It's completely safe"

"Yeah, Bree. Mason knows what he's doing," said Finn. "After all, he hasn't lied to us yet."

"I don't know. It's just every time Mason has a new and crazy invention-"

"Relax, Bree. If Mason wants to test out his invention, then let him," said Essence.

"Yeah. I mean, what could happen?" Kardierre asked.

"Alright. Time to test this bad boy out. You guys might wanna sand back," Mason said.

As his friends did what he said, Mason hopped on his turbo broom and turned it on. As it hummed, a blue flame shot out from the bottom and he began to rise off of the bridge. His friends were amazed at Mason's creation. However, when the humming stopped, the blue flame disappeared and Mason fell to the ground. Thankfully, he was still off the bridge.

"Well, that was anticlimactic," said Finn as he helped Mason up. "Don't worry, bro. So it has a few bugs in it. One little flaw."

"I don't get it. I thought it would work."

"Come on. Let's get back to Miller South." Essence suggested.

"How?" Kardierre asked.

Frustratingly, Mason threw down the broom, causing it to spark. Suddenly, the blue flame shot out once again. The teens looked back to see the broom shoot up into the air like a rocket. They ducked as the broom flew uncontrollably at high speed. Mason tried to catch the broom, but it was flying too fast. When he finally caught hold of it, he was flying wildly in the air.

"Mason!"

While Mason was trying to control the broom, Finn grabbed onto Mason's foot and went flying with him. Soon, Kardierre joined in on the ride when he tried to help. Then the broom crashed into Essence and Bree. Soon, the teens were nose-diving off the bridge and into the valley. On the way down, Bree yelled:

"AND THIS IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!!"

As they were plummeting, Mason managed to pull the broom up before it hit the ground and flew it into a forest.

"Mason! Tree!"

"I see it!"

Mason finally got control of the broom and flew away from the tree. Then, he moved out of the forest and began to dodge every tree and house he came across. Mason and his friends were having a good time as they flew down the road while pedestrians covered their heads as the teens flew over them.

"Hey, Mason," said Finn. "You wouldn't be bothered by the glue factory up ahead, right?"

Mason saw that he and his friends were entering a glue factory. They began to cause havoc for the workers as they flew around with their crazy broom and get covered in sticky hardwood glue in the process. As the teens flew out of the window, they crossed paths with a truck carrying white pillows.

"Oh, come on. What is this? A cartoon?" Finn snarked as the broom crashed into the pillow truck.