Chapter 8: Middle School Meeting

"What are we gonna do now?! Who's gonna protect us from the zombies?!"

A few days later, students were gathered in the auditorium, trying to figure out who should be the new protector.

"Alright, you guys. Settle down," Sam ordered, but the students continued to yell and talk over each other.

"Hey! What am I? Bothering you? Let's get this meeting started!"

"Sam," Bree began. "Who's gonna run the meeting?"

"That's what the meeting's about."

"The meeting's about finding someone to run the meeting?" Kardierre asked. "Is that really a good idea?"

Suddenly, the students began to talk over each other again.

"Hey! Settle down!" Sam yelled. The students stop talking. "Now, since Lexi's injured, someone needs to step up. Therefore, I would like to nominate myself."

The auditorium was silent at first, but then it erupted in laughter.

"Ooh, those zombies are in big trouble now," Finn mocked.

"Oh, come on, I would make a great protector."

"Sam, there are many reasons as to why you would not be a good protector," said Bree.

"Yeah, remember when we had 'protector for a day'?" asked Kardierre. "Sam was so bad, he managed to put Jason in a body cast."

"Yeah. Thanks a lot," said Jason, who was indeed in a body cast.

"So what? I made a mistake."

"A mistake?!" Soon enough, San and Jason we're arguing until Lexi came in on a wheelchair.

"Don't waste your time, Jason. Save your energy for recess."

"Well, look who decided to roll in. The Albino Express," Sam snarked.

Lexi responded by simply rolling over his left foot.

"Ow!"

"How would you like to end up like me?"

"I wouldn't be okay with that, to be honest."

Lexi rolls off his foot and Sam lets out a groan.

"Listen, we all know that Sam...is an idiot. And that he is not one of the people that can protect students without causing them pain. I will still be the protector, but I will need some assistance. Any volunteers?"

Sam puts his hand up.

"Put your hand down, Sam."

He puts it down.

"Hey, Lexi," said Essence. "Mason's your closest friend. Why don't you let him take over?"

"Yeah, he's cool, strong, and protective," Kardierre added.

"And he cares about all of us."

"Are you guys sure?"

"We're positive."

"Okay then. Seems like we got a winner."

The students in the auditorium cheered when Sam said:

"Wait a minute. Wait a minute. You guys are seriously gonna pick Scott just because he's Lexi's friend?"

"YES!!"

"Then, it's settled. Until I'm on my feet again, Mason's the new school protector."

The students cheered once again as Lexi passed Sam who had his arms crossed.

"Got anything else you need to say, Samuel?" She runs over his right foot, causing Sam to groan in pain.

"Why that little red-haired albino devil..." he said under his breath.