Chapter 6: Zombie Attack!

While the party continues inside, Lexi was outside watching out for intruders. As she was playing her guitar, she suddenly heard rustling in the bushes. Lexi turned around and started to walk towards them. Aimed with her guitar, she parts the bushes and was startled when a bunny hopped out. Feeling relieved, she went back to her post until she heard thunder rumbling. Lexi then retreats to the band room where she sits on the piano bench and resumes playing.

"Sounds nice. I can tell you've got better the last time I heard you."

Lexi turns around calmly to see her old friend, Calia, standing in the doorway.

"I was expecting you...outside where you belong," Lexi said.

"Don't act like you're not happy to see me, Lexi," said Calia. "We've known each other since what? Fifth grade?"

"Sixth."

"Whatever...that was the year you became protector...everyone loved you. They loved you so much, you've begun to make new friends...and forgotten me..."

"You're wrong, Calia," Lexi rebutted. "In case you don't remember, you were turning. I had to tell them. It was for your own good."

"Please, it was only to save your skin. You didn't want anyone to know that we were friends with a zombie, so you left me...left me to rot," Calia said as a piece of skin falls from her face.

"I wanted to help you."

"You were helping yourself. Well now, I'm here to play your game."

Suddenly, three zombies appeared from behind Calia and crawled sluggishly towards Lexi. Lexi turned around and saw three more zombies behind her. Soon, she found herself surrounded by six zombies.

"When we're finished with you, we'll take seven of your friends and then be on our way. Maybe, we'll start with your tall friend...I'm sure he'll make a handsome dinner," Calia said wickedly.

"Over my dead body," Lexi said while taking off her guitar.

"...that can be arranged. See, you have us at a disadvantage, Lexi...there's seven of us...and only one poor defenseless albino you..."

As Lexi starts to play her guitar, Calia orders her zombies to attack her. One of them was about to bite Lexi when she grabbed him by the neck and threw him down. Then, she stabs one zombie with the headstock of the guitar and hits two with the back of it. Another zombie jumped into Lexi's back and started clawing at her. She flips him over into the piano and slams the cover on him. While watching this, Calia grew furious and leaped after her, sending her out the band room followed by three zombies.

Meanwhile, in the auditorium, Mason and Finn were still playing Wheel of Torture and still winning. Mason was helping Finn relax as he puts spiders on his body. The other opponents were doing the same thing until the one with the spiders on him freaked out and ran off the stage, leading Mason and Finn to win the round.

Outside, Lexi was elbowing and throwing zombies off as it was raining. While she was fighting the four zombies, Calia snuck up from behind and bit Lexi in the leg, twisting it until Lexi fell over. While she was down, the zombies pile on top of her and began to gnaw at her.

Just as Calia was about to head back to the school, she felt Lexi grabbing her leg. Soon, she was pulled back and swung around as Lexi escaped the pile. Then, she slams Calia down and places her good foot on her head, threatening to kill her. However, she lets her go, but not before giving her a kick to the face. Calia then signals the three zombies to retreat. As they left the school, Lexi collapsed onto the blacktop due to the weakness of her leg.