Chapter 18: Teens vs. Zombies

It was nighttime when Mason arrived at the junkyard. He began to have second thoughts. He knew what he was doing was dangerous, but it's too late to turn back. So, he just kept going. Inside the hideout, Mason's friends were tied up next to a boiling black cauldron. Calia was sitting in an old worn-out recliner, flossing her teeth and thinking about how the teens are going to taste.

"It's nice that all of you could join me this evening," Calia said. "Thank you for being patient...we usually dine at night."

"What are you gonna do to us?" Kardierre asked.

"Just to feed on your flesh. After all, you're a wonderful species...I love humans. My favorite part to eat is the brain...all the way down to the heart," Calia growled as she caressed Kardierre's head.

"Can I just say something?" Bree chimed in.

"What?"

"You are the most evil, despicable, lying shrew that has ever kidnapped us."

"Aw, well, isn't that the sweetest thing anyone has said to me...after all, shrews have to eat too," Calia snarled.

"Leave her alone," snapped Essence. "When Mason gets here, you will be sorry."

"Why should I worry about him? He doesn't have the guts to take me on. He didn't even try to kill me when we first met."

"Maybe it's because you've suffered enough from Lexi," Finn snarked.

Suddenly, Calia walks over to Finn and lifts him up. She starts to examine him.

"Hmm...you look plump enough. Maybe I should eat you first. Then again..." She puts Finn down and walks over to Bree. "You look delicious..." She bends down in front of her and starts drooling. "I bet you're tender and juicy."

Bree's only response was to spit in Calia's face. Calia glares at her as she wipes the spit off of her.

"Well, it looks like I've made my decision." Calia throws Bree to two zombies. "That one is mine. Cook her while I have this one for an appetizer...you know, 'cause I'm a shrew."

The zombies were pulling Bree to the cauldron and Calia as about to take a bite out of Finn when someone said:

"Put him down, Calia!"

Calia and the eighth graders turned to see Mason standing at the hideout entrance, ready to save his friends and kick some zombie arse.

"Well, look who decided to join for dinner. Well, I'm the host and I say you're not invited," Calia growled.

"Alright, Calia," Mason said defiantly. "Let my friends go and I'll let you live."

"You sure about that?"

Suddenly, zombies began to surround Mason. Calia pushes Bree away and signals the zombies to attack. Mason starts to throw and push them off as they try to bite and gnaw at him. While he was busy with the zombies, Calia snuck around him and did the same thing she did to Lexi. She bit his leg, causing him to yell out in pain. Then, a zombie pounced on him and multiple zombies began to pile on him. The others watched in horror as the zombies maul Mason.

"That's enough...that's enough!" Calia ordered.

The zombies dispersed, leaving Mason on the ground, beaten and bruised with his clothes ripped to shreds.

"Well well...look at the 'hero'...you thought you could come into my den?" Calia leaned in close and whispered: "Now, why don't you lay there and watch as we feast on your friends?"

Calia walks away, laughing maniacally. Mason turns his head to see the zombies trudging towards the teens, snarling and drooling. He rose up from the ground when Calia caught him.