Chapter 7: Lexi's Injury

Inside the auditorium, the game was coming to close and Mason and Finn were still on stage.

So, it's official," Noah said. "Mason, Finn, you two are the new Kings of Torture!"

While the students were cheering, two girls came on stage and placed crowns and capes on them. Finn started to bask in the glory as he received his scepter. When Mason received his, his phone buzzed and he looked at it. It was a text message from Lexi.

"Mason, big emergency.
I'm outside."-Lexi

Soon enough, Mason burst out of the front doors and ran to the blacktop. When he got there, he saw an unmoving Lexi lying on the ground.

"Lexi..." Mason said softly. "Oh no...Lex?"

Finn, Bree, Kardierre and Essence came to the blacktop to see Mason kneeling next to Lexi.

"Lexi, are you alright?"

All Mason heard was a groan. When he tried to help her up, Lexi felt a sharp pain in her leg. Mason noticed that her leg was broken. He then picked her up and carried her to the school, along with his friends following them.

The next morning, Lexi was at the hospital. She had surgery and now her leg is in a cast. Mason's friends and many students from the school were visiting her while Mason stayed behind at the school. He couldn't bear to see how much pain Lexi was in.