A Special Job

We woke up and it was the middle of the night and i threw my hair into a ponytail, fixed my outfit and we headed out into the darkness to the Baron's house.

We were walking for what felt like forever.

"Lance! you said his house wasn't too far from here!" i yelled.

"The man told me it was between Corona and Vardaros!" he yelled back.

"Lance! Corona isn't that close to here!"

"oops" he said back.

We walked for another half an hour and FINALLY reached it. The Barons mansion. It was HUGE! I could never imagine growing up in a house like this, this is luxury living! It makes the mountain hideout look even worse.

There were 2 men standing outside of the gate surrounding the house and we walked up.

The men quickly grabbed their swords and blocked the door with them.

"Boys, we are just here to see the Baron" i said.

"Names." one of them said.

"Flynn and Lance" i said.

They let us inside and we walked up to the house where another 2 men pushed the door open for us. We walked inside the mansion and it was even bigger on the inside, surprisingly.

The interior was all white and shiny and there were priceless items placed all over. I took a look around and just wanted to grab something.

"Flynn. No." Lance said sternly.

I moved my hand away from the priceless items and sighed.
We kept walking until we reached a GINORMOUS double door that said The Baron.

You guessed it. There were ANOTHER 2 men standing outside of this door too.

"Flynn and Lance" i said.

They pushed open the door and we walked into the room to see a very large man sitting behind a desk and 2 guys were talking to him.

"Excuse me men but we're here to speak to the Baron, so please move" i said sternly.

The guys gave me a dirty look and shut the door and stayed in the room by the door.

"You must be the fresh meat. People call me The Baron, and i have a job for you 2 boys to pull" he said with no emotion at all.
Wow. This guy is boring.

"What kind of job we talkin here? Lots of money? Rich beyond belief?" i said with my eyebrow raised at him.

He got up from behind his desk and started touching the stuff on the shelves in his room, straightening all the priceless stolen items.

"You 2 boys will pull the best job that there is. You will be rich beyond belief, and have the best reputation that there is. That is if you do it right"

"Can you get on with the point please?" i said annoyed.

The Baron glared at me.

"I've heard about your guys work that you've done during the past year from my men who have been watching you-"

"Woah wait- you've been WATCHING US?!" i said angrily.

"Flynn shut up and let the man talk please" Lance said.

"Like i was saying, my best men have been watching you. You boys seem like the perfect fit for this job" The baron said.

"If these bozos are your best men-"
i didn't even get to finish my sentence and one of the men wearing a hat ran over to me and grabbed my jacket.

"Anthony." The Baron said.

The man let go of me and went back to where he was saying.

I gave the man a stern look and dusted myself off and continued my sentence.

"Like i was saying, if they're your best men then why not have them pull this 'special' job?"

"I need them for other things. Besides, you 2 boys are the perfect fit like i said." The baron said.

"Great now what's this 'amazing' job?" i said annoyed again.

"I want you two boys to steal the crown of the lost princess of Corona."

Lances and I's jaws dropped wide and i raised my eyebrows.

"Corona? Like the KINGDOM Corona?" i said shocked, "I've never stolen from royalty before.."

"You 2 will do fine. This isn't a yes or no question. You will both steal the crown and bring it back to me. Shall you succeed, you will get your payment. Shall you FAIL, there will be unimaginable consequences."

"Like what?" I said unbothered.

"You do not want to find out. Go steal this crown for me tomorrow night and make sure you bring it back here immediately after. You will have 5 hours from tomorrow night at 11pm to complete the job" he said.

He snapped his fingers and these 2 large men came in and shoved us out of the house.

We were walking back to the mountain hideout and Lance didn't say a word. Neither did I.

"Now this is some fine situation you've gotten us into Lance! You heard the Baron, if we don't complete this job he will most likely kill us and if I even attempt to do this job we will most likely get caught and get arrested and they will kill me. Either way this goes i'll be dead" i said.

"Calm down Flynn. It will be fine! Let's just not overthink this too much and it will always turn out fine, okay?"

"I guess.."

We got back to our hideout and it was still late and dark out and we went to bed.

Stealing a crown. This ought to be good.