Escaped

The next thing i knew, i woke up very groggy and in a medical room.

I tried to sit up in the bed but i was in a lot of pain and couldn't even move. I looked at my body to see my right arm and my right leg were wrapped in gauze and that i was also handcuffed to the bed.

The beam of the morning sunrise was shining right through the window into my eyes which made it even harder to get a good look at my surroundings.

Suddenly the door opened to the room and the Captain of the guard and a royal medic were standing in the doorway.

The medic came over and stuck a thermometer right into my mouth with no warning.

"Hello, Rider" The captain said.

The medic pulled the thermometer out of my mouth and started to write on a piece of paper.

"Why am i here?" i said.

"You've been out of it for 3 days now, Mr. Rider" the medic said and continued writing.

"Why are my arm and leg wrapped up?!"

"I don't know if you remember but a couple of days ago you stole a bunch of priceless jewelry from our jeweler here in Corona. A couple of guards and I then proceeded to run after you, in which you continued to run away, and eventually we caught up to you, and we had no choice but to shoot a couple of arrows at you" the captain said.

"No choice?" I said, clearly angry.

"Well, would you have stopped if we asked nicely?!"

I sighed and leaned back into the bed again.

"Well Mr.Rider it appears you do have a low grade fever going on, but your arm and leg will be just fine" the medic said and walked out of the room, leaving just the captain and I.

The Captain just stood there giving me a dirty look.
I just starred back confused.

"Yes?" i asked.

He took a deep breath and walked over to me.

"Rider, I know you may not like me and frankly i'm not too fond of you either, but you know what we have to do"

Then he just walked out of the room.

What are they doing?

Wait

OH NO, THEY'RE GOING TO KILL ME!

I started to wiggle my one arm to get out of the cuff but it wasn't working. My injured arm was free already, but i could barely even move it.
I looked over at the table next to my cuffed hand and noticed a quill and tried to grab it. It took a few seconds but i grabbed it and stuck it in my mouth and tried to pick the lock.

ew. this tastes disgusting.

"Yes!"

I picked the lock and the cuffs fell off, but the excitement quickly faded away when i realized that i could barely even walk.
Dang it, now i see why they aimed at my arm and leg.

I grabbed my injured leg with my one arm and brought it to the edge of the bed and i was actually able to stand on it the best i could and i limped towards the window and climbed out.

Wow they should really lock these things.

Of course though, now i was right outside of the castle. The castle that was surrounded by guards.

I cant let them spot me..

I found some bushes and crawled through them which hurt really bad on my leg but eventually made it out of the kingdoms perimeters, limped through the woods, and made it to the wall.

How am i supposed to climb this?!

I looked around to see if there was anything i could use to my advantage and of course there wasn't.
I just grabbed onto the bricks with my hands and managed to somehow get over the wall and had too fall down to the other side.

I limped my way back to my hideout near Vardaros which took about 3 hours in itself with the pace i was going at.

I finally reached the bottom of the mountain where my hideout was and looked up at it..

okay now how do i get myself up there?

"Lance?" Lance?!" i yelled up.

No answer.

I grabbed the rope we hid to get up there and somehow managed to eventually make it up to the empty hideout.

I sat down in my chair and started to unwrap the bandages and clenched my jaw in pain to see blood under the gauze and a few cuts.

Damn, did they shoot arrows at me or swords?!

I completely took the bandages off my arm and leg and just sat there.

Okay what am i supposed to do now? It's not like i have the ability to go out and steal something right now. That's just asking to get arrested.

I decided to pull my hair up to the mirror and practice my blaze, since that was the only thing i could do.

Suddenly someone swung into the hideout.

"Lance! Where the heck have you been?!"

He dropped a large sack that was completely full in front of me.

"Well i decided to go out and steal some good food for us while you were asleep to surprise you, but then i got arrested..."

"Okay.. then what's that?" i said as i looked down at the sack.

He kneeled down onto the ground and opened the sack to reveal a bunch of gold coins.

"Lance, where did you get these?!" i said shocked.

"Well after i managed to escape, there was a guy on the street just now that had a little cart and a full sack of his earnings! Just sitting there!"

"Lance this is amazing! Now we can finally have a decent meal!"

"See, Flynn, i told you we'd do just fine! Just you and I out here stealing like good teenagers"

I rolled my eyes and laughed at him.

'You and I'

Wait.

Where did Stalyan go?