A New Friend

The next morning i woke up, but something felt off.
I looked around and realized i wasn't in the hideout, i was in a house.

I looked around so more and the room was empty, no people in here except me.
I tried to get up, but i was handcuffed to the wall.

pft this is nothing. i'll just pick the lock.

aannddd of course, my lock pick is gone.

The door opened and i looked up to see him. Anthony the weasel.

He walked over and unlocked my cuffs from the wall and grabbed my arm and walked me out of the room.
I felt like fighting back, and i tried, but i couldn't?

He bought me down a hallway and to a familiar door.

The Baron's Office.
Oh no.

He pushed me into a chair and locked the cuff to the barons desk. The baron turned around his chair and faced me.

"I was expecting you last night." he said sternly, "where is the crown?"

"Haha that's a funny subject really because i actually got the crown, but i left it back in the bathroom! If you'd just let me go get-"

"Enough games, RIDER!" he yelled at me.

I shut up.

He got up from his chair and walked over to me and held a knife against my throat.

"Did you get the crown.. or not?" he said angrily.

"N-no.."

He brought the knife away from my throat and flung it into the wall behind me.
He sat back down.

"Take him out of here" The baron said.

Anthony grabbed me and threw me out of the mansion. literally. he threw me into the gravel.

I got up and touched my face to see blood on my fingers and just walked away from the house.

Well, that was weird.

I walked into Vardaros and went back to the mountain hideout. No sign of Lance. Where is he?

I sat down in my chair and put my hand on my face, and then ran it through my hair.

That was too easy. The Baron's got something else planned.

-

About an hour has passed, and still no Lance. We were supposed to drink together since it was the weekend, but he's not here so i'll do it alone, i guess.

Suddenly someone swung into my hideout. I've never seen this person before.
It looked like.. a female?

"Hello?" i said annoyed.

They ran over to me and grabbed my arm and looked me right in the eyes.

"Flynn Rider" she said.
"I have no idea what you're talking about" i said back.

She pulled off her mask to reveal a beautiful face. She looked about the same age as me.

She sat in the chair across from me and opened a can too.

"And who are you?" i asked.
"Stalyan." she said back.
"Oh? And why are you here?"
"Why are any of us here, really?"

I just rolled my eyes and took another sip of my drink.

-

The next morning came and i was still in my clothes from the night before, i must've passed out.
I looked over to see... she was still here. Great.
I got up and threw my hair into a ponytail and fixed my outfit.

She was still sleeping. So i kicked her side.

"Ow!" she yelled.
"Wake up Bronco, and get out of here" i said back.
"Stalyan"
"Nuance"

There was still no sign of Lance. Where is he? This isn't like him to disappear without warning.

Stalyan got up and got dressed and fixed herself up.

"So, shall we get going?" she said.
I laughed.
"Going where? I'm not going anywhere with you"
"Breakfast, Flynn" she said.

I was hungry.

".. and why would i go anywhere with you? " i said annoyed.

"Hey i'm offering you breakfast.. would you rather eat gruel?"

"No.. fine, i'll go"

We climbed down the rope and out of the mountains and into Vardaros.
Lately it was getting really hard for me to go anywhere without being recognized and nearly arrested.

We walked through the city and i just followed her lead.
I looked over to see it again,
Wanted: Flynn Rider DEAD or Alive

Stalyan stopped walking and pointed at the poster.

"Ha, would you look at that! You've got a wanted poster! Funny, because that looks nothing like your nose" she said.

I tried to ignore it again because i didn't want to believe it was true.

We kept walking and Stalyan led me down an alley and she opened a hidden door. We walked in and she then typed a code and we walked into some sort of restaurant.

"A secret restaurant, made for people like us" she said.

Us?

We sat down at a table and ordered our food.
Stalyan didn't say anything to me.

"Okay, seriously. Who are you?" i asked.
"I'm a friend" she said.

Wow helpful.

We ate our breakfast and and i walked back towards the hideout and she started to follow me.

"Woah woah woah, where do you think you're going?" i asked her.
"Uh, is it not obvious? I'm going with you"
"Ha! You are NOT coming with me"

She pulled out a knife by my chest.

"Ha then again who am i to turn down any invitations for a guest?" i said nervously.

For the record i hate having company over.

We walked back towards my hideout and i was still thinking the same thing.

Who is she?