Freedom

I snuck past the guards as i made my way into the gated front area of the property. I had no idea where Stals room even was in this huge house so this was going to be harder than i initially anticipated.

I remember seeing an empty office room on the left side of the house when i was inside once, so i found the window on the outside and smashed the glass and hopped inside.

This side of the house was nearly pitch black, if you don't include the little lamps on the walls in the hallways.

I tiptoed down the quiet hallways and peaked into the rooms.

Nothing.

I noticed a staircase i had not seen before and just decided to climb up it. The stairs creaked with every step i took making it impossible to be stealthy.

I made it to the top and looked to both sides of me.
The hallway on the right had 3 doors and the hallway on the left had 4.

I turned to my left and quietly pushed the doors open.

First room.. Nothing.

Second room.. Nothing.

I tiptoed over to the third door across the hallway and pushed it open with the tap of my finger to see a bed and someone happened to be sleeping in it.

The room was also dark which the only small bit of light coming from the moon outside of the window.

I picked up a notepad on the nightstand next to the bed and it had Stalyans name on the front so i assumed this was her bedroom and she was the one sleeping in the large bed.

I slowly pushed the door closed as i stood in the dark room so nobody would hear anything.

The door creaked a little and suddenly she woke up out of her sleep and bolted around to look at me and grabbed a knife from under her pillow and i quickly jumped onto her bed and put my hand over her mouth and got closer so she could see my face.

She dropped the knife and suddenly we heard footsteps in the hallway.

She shoved me under her thick blanket and grabbed her notepad to act like she was up at this hour and planning some jobs for the future.

The door got pushed open from the outside and a thin line of light from the hallway grew into the room.

"Stalyan are you okay up here?" The Baron asked as he peeked into her room.

I sat as still as i could under the blanket to make it appear as if i wasn't even there.

"Yeah dad, just planning out some jobs!" she said as she waved her notepad in the air.

"Okay, get some rest though. It's getting later and later and you have a big day ahead of you tomorrow"

"I know, Dad"

"Goodnight, Stalyan"

He closed the door behind him until it clicked and she threw her notepad back onto the nightstand and tossed the covers away from my face as i sat up and gasped for air.

"Wow, Thanks!" i said, annoyed.

"Well did you want to get caught?? What are you doing here?!" she whispered, the moonlight shining onto her face now as well as mine.

"Wow did you do something new with your hair? because it's looking ravishing tonight!"

"Rider! Come on! Why are you here?!"

I sighed.

"Stalyan.. I miss being around you"

"We couldve just met up in secret somehow tomorrow, yknow?! you didn't have to sneak into my room at 2am!"

"You heard your father yesterday! There's no way he would've let you come see me, even if you lied about where you were going he knows everything"

"That's why you shouldn't be here, Rider. If he hears another suspicious noise from inside this room again he's going to come back up and search and when he finds you he's not going to be happy"

I grabbed her hands as we were both sitting up in her bed and looked her in the eyes.

"Come with me"

"What?!"

"Come with me, Stalyan!"

"Flynn.. what are you insinuating?"

"Stalyan just please come with me, forever. You know you aren't happy here and i know it too. We can make eachother happy for the rest of our lives if you just come with me and stay."

"This is insane! How do you expect me to run away from my father who has eyes everywhere, especially on me?!" she whispered as she panicked.

"We can cut off ties with him for good, Stalyan! He won't find us!"

"Rider.. I.."

I squeezed her hands tighter and scooched in closer towards her.

"Stalyan, please just trust me on this"

She took a deep.

"Okay" she said as she nodded, determined.

She quickly a few of her belongings and shoved them into a medium sized bag and grabbed a rope from out of under her bed and tossed it out the window.

"After you" i said, gesturing my hand towards the window.

She slid down the rope and i climbed out the window and shut it and slid down, taking the rope and shoving it in my satchel when we both hit the bottom.

We quickly ran through a crack in the gate in the back of the house and into the woods far away from the barons house, finally stopping after 10 minutes of running.

"Flynn, are you sure we can actually pull this off? It seems impossible to really do this and come out alive in the end!" she said, panicked.

I grabbed her hands as we stood under the tree, moonlight shining onto the ground through the thick trees and i looked her in her piercing purple eyes.

"If something's not impossible, its not worth doing"