11

TAEHYUNG

That night I hadn't slept, to be honest, I couldn't. It was like she kept me in a trance without even doing much. I felt restless and tossed on the bed throughout. The morning was harsh but nothing a cup of coffee can't fix.

After finishing my work for the day, my alarm went off signaling that I had to reach the clinic, getting dressed in casual yet formal attire, one that I was used to pairing it with a pair of dress shoes I left.

Even along the drive, I couldn't get rid of her thoughts like she was engraved into my head.

I bowed to the doctors and elders I walked past by and soon reached the door that was familiar to me. She was in like normal, writing down reports probably on her other patients.

She looked up and her unbothered eyes bore holes into mine.

"Should've knocked.", she said and I blinked twice before turning back to go out.

I walked out and waited till the door shut and knocked, opening the door after and peeking my head in.

"You can't be serious right now." She said monotonous and her face screamed judgement making me bite back a grin.

"Have you been avoiding external contact?" She asked her attention back to the computer, pen in hand, fingers freely typing on the keyboard.

"Hmm, I've been working from home, mainly having to attend lots of calls," I said and she nods before hitting enter and finally giving me her full attention.

"Why are you like this?" I asked confused genuinely but she didn't waver even once.

"What exactly are you hinting at?" She asked, again, her voice stoic.

"Do you have friends?" I asked again and she frowned.

"That's persona-" I cut her off before she could finish.

"You know what I'm hinting at Doc."

"Well it is that very fact, I'm a Doctor."

I scoffed and her head shifts to the side looking at me with a bit of disinterest.

"Moving on, your therapy sessions have been moving along fine, you're cooperating well with me and I'm confident we can let you off by next week."

She said completely disregarding whatever I asked and continuing to do her job. It felt a bit frustrating, she only cared about her work, which she was supposed to but the fact that she's been on my mind all day and she barely has any idea made me irritable.

"So what today?" I asked, not being able to help the growing rage in my voice, why was I being so childish?

"Sit down on the couch, I'll be asking some questions then you can talk on the few topics I'll give you."

I adhered without looking at her, walking towards the couch I was used to without giving her a second glance, she's just doing her job then why do I keep getting enraged.

"Have you heard about the Rorschach Inkblot Test?", she asked me seating herself in a chair in front of me.

"Vaguely.." I replied not looking at her and saw her nodding from my peripheral vision.

"Well look at the images of these three inkblots and write them down here." She said giving me a book and a pen, three bold inkblots in front of me.

"15 minutes Kim." She said and went on to her desk while I was here.

I studied them, they looked too out of the box, I wrote down whatever I could possibly think of and finished before the due time.

"How could that possibly help?" I asked as she took the book away and she looked at me.

"Psychology is in everything we do Mr Kim." She said simply and brought the paper she was working on while I was busy.

"Three questions Kim." She said and I nod.

"What do you think of intimacy now?"She asked seriously and I kept my demeanour.

"A close connection, something to share with someone you're comfortable with," I said and saw how she wrote it down, comparing it with my previous answers.

"How has the session helped you?"

"I've been able to hold myself back better." I end shortly and she nods.

"And me?" She asked, and I looked up at her.

"What do you think of me Tae?"

TBC