18

TAEHYUNG

She was my drug, the morphine that always controlled me always kept me on my toes, made me feel intoxicated at the slightest of her touch. Her smile lit fires in me, her caress like the winds blowing my hair. She did things no woman could, it was ethereal, having her with me.

I opened my eyes to see an empty bed. The sheets crumbled from the bliss of last night, my arm sprawled across where she laid last night as I struggled to find her figure through hooded eyes, I rose up and stretched my arms, my head turned to see her standing at the balcony, my silk robe hugging her loosely as she stood watching the outdoors.

Lifting the sweatpants next to me and fitting myself in it, I moved over to where she stood not bothering to put on a shirt as I walked closer to her, fingers rubbing my eyes to rid of the sleepiness that held me captive, yawning before I hugged her waist, my head hitting her shoulder as she continued to stand watching the ruins outside.

I opened my eyes to look out, the rains had gone away but they took away a few with them, the grounds looked muddy, puddles around the corner and the atmosphere a bit chilly, making me nuzzle closer to her.

The kids from my neighborhood had jackets zipped up till their necks, boots adorning their feet as they jumped on the water, splashing it around as some of them simply put afloat paper boats. It looked pretty, the scent of rain still lingering. My eyes watched as Chaelin held onto the cigarette in her fingers, inhaling a bit before exhaling grey smoke. The humidity outside making it look aesthetic but I didn't want her doing that.

It made me worry...

"That could kill you," I said to her as she took her last puff before discarding the smaller piece of cigarette outside the balcony, it losing its burn thanks to the puddles from last night.

The skies looked gey, clouds hiding away and hint of sunlight. She turned around, finally facing me, the smell of cigar still lingered but she mattered more. My arms still wrapped around her waist as she let her arms rest on my shoulders.

"You never tried?" She asked.

"I used to but I stopped," I told her and watched as she nods, placing her head on my chest, taking small breaths.

"Live with me Chae,"  I said, seriousness in my voice and she lifted her head to look at me, arms resting on my chest now.

"All of a sudden?" she asked, head tilting to the side as she watched me intently.

"I don't want to lose you too," I said softly, my eyes shifting to look down embarrassed. She lifted my chin up and smiled.

"I'm yours now Tae, you aren't losing me," She said and I smiled wide, my heartbeat growing faster when she closed the gap between us, kissing me softly, caressing my lips as I tilted my head, she pulled away soon, placing a deep peck on my lips after.

- - -

"Look!" I scream and she laughs in response, the sound of it melting my heart as she giggled to her heart's content. I kicked the waves that rushed to me every time, the night sky illuminating our shadows on the sand.

I took up some water on my palms, looking at her before a smirk pulled at my lips, her giggles turned to look mortified when she knew what I thought of.

"No," she exclaimed and I laughed before I ran after her in full speed, although the water beneath limited my speed I still managed to catch up to her, splashing some of the salty seawater on her, hearing her yelp right after.

She huffed out, angry but I only stuck my tongue out, the absence of people around us making me more confident with whatever I did, after all, it was only us in this quiet beach at two in the morning.

Chaelin tackled me down as punishment, pushing me on the wet sand, laughing as I was starting to get drenched because of the tides. She looked proud at the mess she made of me, dripping wet and dirty because of the sand that stuck to my clothes. Before she could leave alone like that, I sabotaged her by pulling her down with me. Making her fall to her knees, each on the sides of my thighs where I held her captive.

I held her down on top of me and started to splash some of the water on her too, she kept shaking her head trying to rid of the water. Laughing when it all went to vain, she looked happy. We laughed our hearts out, only later realizing the position we were in.

Her eyes softened as she looked at me, still straddling me as we stayed still. My eyes looked down to see her lips, wet and quivering from the cold, not realizing when our faces got closer. Her lips were inches away from me when a huge wave threw both of us down, flat on our backs making both of us chuckle.

She stood up, reaching out to me before helping me up and we went away from the shore, sitting down on the sand.

"I wanna stay like this forever," I said, looking up at the moon that shone brightly. I looked back down, Chaelin had her eyes looking straight at me, hugging her knees to rid of the cold. She looked away for a split second before her hands went down to carry some of the sand in her palm.

She made a fist out of her palm, trying to hold onto the sand.

"You see this, no matter how hard I try to hold the sand, it keeps slipping away through the cracks around my fist, one can't hold onto something forever Taehyung. Life is like that, anything you try to hold on to, it wretches itself away from you in no time,"

TBC

i smell a plot twist, what could it possibly be?