20

TAEHYUNG

I opened my eyes, feeling my eyelids still heavy and I lift my hand, rubbing the sleep away from my eyes as I blinked, adjusting to my surroundings. Chaelin as usual, seated in front of me with a file that she carried for official purposes.

"I guess we're done Mr.Kim!" She exclaimed slightly before rising up and walking over to her desk, catching me in confusion.

"Done?" I repeated questionably and she gave me a small smile.

"The treatment you were here for, along with therapy sessions that we agreed to on day 1, they have been fully adhered to," she informed me and my face made a noticeable frown.

- - -

CHAELIN

The glass shattered and I had to call in the security to get a very unstable Taehyung out of the room. My chest contracted every time I thought of the look he had on his face when I told him the truth.

I looked over to the file that laid torn on the floor, his screams still audible to me and I couldn't help but feel horrible. He was a special case for sure but what I did to him was wrong I agree....

Bending down, I picked the file in my hands, the first document being the page that introduced me to him. His passport size photo still stuck on the side, his smile was bright even here. My head hurt when his screams stopped. I was strong all these years, I couldn't let him be the sole reason I became weak.

His handwriting, pretty and restless at the same time. Only thinking of him brought a smile to my face. I turned to the next document, notes from my first session on it.

This young man had given me more memories in a few months when people I was with for years couldn't do it. I rose up, not wanting to continue in this clinic at the moment, simply wanting to go home.

Picking up my bag and making sure to lay my coat on the table before making my way outside.

"Please send someone to pick up the glass pieces from my clinic," I said to the guard standing next to the reception and he nod. Before I could leave I turned to him again.

"What about the patient you just escorted out?" I asked and the guard lift both his eyebrows in irritation.

"Don't even get me started with him, he pinched on the other guard's underarm then turned to me and just glared, he looked like he wanted to cry so I didn't even bother to put up a fight with him," The guard exclaimed and I bow as an appreciation for letting me know, he bowed back and then I left.

I got into my car and immediately drove off to his house, I needed to see him.

The way there was tense, I was worried about the guy. He was sensitive when it came to the matters of the heart, I couldn't imagine leaving him on his own at a time like this, especially when I caused it.

Finally reaching the front of his house, I unbuckled the seat belt, jogging out of the car before I knocked on his door. He took a lot of time and I was starting to fidget with the growing tension.

I tried turning the knob and to my surprise, it was unlocked, I stepped in and the familiar scent of nicotine invaded my senses, being used to the smell I wasn't bothered but to think the scent had infiltered the entire house was worrisome.

Following the trail of smoke, I reached his room, forcing the door open and I saw him seated on a beanbag, legs sprawled and a cigarette lying lazily between his lips. I ran towards the windows, pulling them over so that some of the ventilation would help relieve the room.

I coughed out when the smoke-filled my lungs, forcing the air out of the windows then moving over to the man who hadn't stopped still.

"Are you trying to kill yourself?" I yelled out, a bit harsher than I wanted it to be, the room had become less infiltrated which enabled me to breathe freely. 

He scoffed before getting up, discarding the cigarette carelessly then looking me in the eyes and I knew he was hurt much more to my knowledge.

"Taehyu-"

"No, now you listen. I let you in alright, you were the first person I let in after her. And to think I told you about my past, why I was the way I was, why I wanted to get better, all of that only for you to use it against me in the end. You're such a great actor Lee Chealin,"

I felt worse with his choice of words, knowing he wasn't wrong only made it worse.

"Did you ever look at me as a human, a man who had lost a lot? Ever? Or was I just a patient helping you earn an income?" He asked, this time it hit me hard.

"That's not it Tae-"

"I fucking fell for you Chaelin," he said softer this time, eyes void and this time it was me, for the first time I felt like I was at the rear end and it made me disheartened.

"I'm sorry, it was-"

"Leave,"

"Taehyung liste-" I said, trying to hold him by his shoulders.

"I said leave!" He shouted at me making my breath hitch as I looked away, gulping before walkinh out of his house, hearing another glass clash but I didn't turn back. A tear falling down after a really long time.

What had this guy done to me?

TWO YEARS LATER

I walked past the paintings, all drawn by him. Beautifully illustrated, I never contacted him like he asked me to but something always kept me close to him. I always made sure I knew how he was, if he was happy.

I never felt happy after that evening, everything seemed empty to me, in the last two years I had worked harder, more honest and dignified and I had finally become a renowned Psychiatrist, one that people respected. I had given up the job at the clinic as it always reminded me of him, from then on I did all in my power to grow.

What made me feel the least bit better was that he had done the same, being the son of a prominent businessman, it made the headlines when news came out that Taehyung was giving up on the business his father worked hard on building.

He emerged as an artist, one that captured a lot of heart, refusing to come to the public eye so not many know what he looked like, only imagining his pieces of art and their beauty.

I wished to meet him one last time, even if it was to say bye, I never fell in love before, I don't even know if what I felt was love or not but I knew for sure that I cared about him.

There were art works ranging from fantasy like themes, people making friends with the fire, untiting with it. One of the art works caught my attention in particular, reminding me of a night I had with him. I didn't realize but I stood there for a while, my peripheral vision noticed how people who were in the hall walked by from next to me but I didn't move.

A woman, embraced by a man as they made love, rain pouring as they were lost in each other's arms. I couldn't move on to the next art piece, a thousand feeling rushing through me as I reminisced the last moments with him.

"Thats one of my favorite pieces too Doc," I heard a voice so familiar behind me.

Turning around I saw him, dressed in a crisp black suit that matched with my dress. He aged beautifully, looking more manly as his shoulders were visibly more broad. His smile hadn't changed though, the same grin that fascinated me the first time I saw him.

"Nice to see you again Mr. Kim."

THE END

ufff i'm facepalming at the suspense there but what did Chaelin do so wrong? EXPLANATION comes out tomorrow.