Surrounding Me

Back to the observation. For the first step, we divide job desk for all the members. Kit is the leader and also the main interviewer, Patricia and Chloe as the observers, Chloe as the cameramen, and I just writing some points as the secretary. As we know, our group will be focus on social problems. We go around the village, searching the first target. Looking the environment, I feel very sorry because many people still alive in the improper houses. They keep strong and look happy, but I know what they have been covered until now.
     As the observers, Patricia and Chloe ask some people who walk on the same street as long as we walk on. There is an old man walk alone slowly, his appearance exactly looks like american guy. Wearing old shirt and boots like someone just back from the jungle.
     "Excusme sir, Could I speak with you for a while?" Patricia asks to an old man who brings woods on his back.
     "Sure my dear, what do you want?" He replies with giving big smile at us. He is very polite, even with somebody he don't know before.
     "Thanks, sir. My name is Patricia and these are my friends from school in Alaska" we give our warm greeting.
     "My name Parker, I am one of people who lives here" Mr. Parker says.
     Kit explains to Mr. Parker that he wants to know more about Mr. Parker's life, we have doing an observation.
     "Could you mind if all of us visit your house, sir?" Kit asks.

     "Not at all, you guys are good students. You are lucky because I am on the way back home too. Let's follow me". We are happy, the first target is a very cooperative person. We walk about ten minutes to reach Mr. Parker's house. Kit and Eric help Mr. Parker to bring some woods, and the others walk behind them.

     We arrive at Mr. Parker's house. He pleased all of us to enter his house. A simple house with a small garden in the yard. We sit in the living room. Kit starts to asks some questions.

    Mr. Parker live with his wife named Mrs. Petunia, she is a housewife. They both have two daughters and one son. The daughters are not living with them, they have married and live in the city together their husbands. Mr. Parker's son is seven years old guy, his named is Abe. Abe is very friendly, he sit together with us and follow our interview.
     Mr. Parker has been fifty years live here. He knows a lot of history about this village. Many imigrants come and go, most of them come because there was no enough place to lived in the city, they decide to live for a while, they just spent about several months. After they got better place, they moved. The population until now only reach about three hundred people. Their houses are far from each other, so it makes us getting difficulty to communicate and interact. Most of the children are forced by their parents to work since young age. At the middle of interview, Abe adds that he is only child who still school in beside village.
      Actually there is one more, she is the daughter from the village chief. Yeah, she is Mackenzie, but Abe doesn't know a lot about her because they both are not in the same school. Mackenzie is in particular elementary school, the only nearest school from this village. Meanwhile Abe is in common elementary school and it is school for normal students. It is Moon Elementary School, stated in beside of the this village.
     To reach the school, Abe must walk about five kilometers from here. There is no vehicle or public transportation. So, he must wake up early and go before the sun rises in the east. Sometimes, when it becomes his fortune day, there is neighbour who lend him the old bicycle.
     Kit asks Mr. Parker why many children are forced by their parents and are not allowed for study in school.
     "It is because one reason, dear. We have no enough money. Even, if we have money we have to used it for buying meals or other neccesity", Mr. Parker replies. Most of the people work as farmer or vegetable sellers in the market. Their lives depend on their harvest result. Sometimes, when we are getting bad season, we survive to keep live with many ways.
     Mr. Parker The last question, kit aks Mr. Parker what is his hope for life.
     "Look at my son, he is the one and only big hope for our family's future. I want Abe become light which can guide us become the proper family. But, I don't want to force him. Let me wait for long time, while now he must focus on his study. I believe all of my dreams will come true one day". We look Abe smiles at him.
     Hearing Mr. Parker makes me touched. I don't know, my heart turns melting. I just realize there are many people who not lucky in their lives, but they still have strong soul and spirit. Even their spirit is beyond people who never getting any difficulty in life. My tear almost falls. But I don't want my friends to see it.
     Kit has closed the interview with Mr. Parker, he gives his warm greet to Mr. Parker's family. I look my phone, I just realize there is no signal here. I wondering how people can communicate using mobile phone here. Oh, I feel so sorry.
     After say goodbye to Mr. Parker family, We continue our observation to next target. Time shows us for 3 p.m, but it looks like dusk. The sky is full of dark clouds. It's going to rain.
     "I think we must have take a rest before continuing our observation" Kit suggests us.
     "But, where we will take a rest?. We don't know anyone here except Mr. Parker and Mr. Phil. If we want to come back. It is too far away" Eric says.
     We think for the solution while walking. After several steps, we find a small hut next to the field. We decide to take a rest inside.
     "How was your feeling?" Suddenly kit asks me while sits beside me.
     "Fine" I say.
     "You don't feel anything after knowing about this?",
     "What do you mean?",
     "Knowing about people around you",
     "Yes, they are very patient",
     Kit smile at me, he looks like want to laugh at me.
     "I don't know about you deeply, but I'm sure actually you are not as cold as my thought",
     "Are you kidding?",
     "Fio, I hope you don't get angry with me after I tell you something"
     "What? Just say it"
     "After almost three months I knew you, you are the unique girl. I don't know how was a girl always could be herself everytime. You're great but I want you to relate with others, I feel sorry when everytime I look you, you are so quiet and always alone, even I never see you laugh to people. As I said, you are not as cold as my thought. You have warm heart but you cannot express it on yourself", his words sound deeply and I can see he makes it carefully.
     "How do you think like that?"
     "Actually I saw you for the interview, you look like not you. Even, I saw you for as long as our trip. I was getting shocked, you smile and act polite with new people"
     "Oh, I didn't feel I did"
     "But, unfortunately you never show it to your friends" Kit smile.
     "Sorry, Kit. I just not accustomed"
     "If you are not accustomed yet, I can help you" he looks very happy hearing that.
     "Thanks".
      I don't expect he would talk much to me. Honestly, it is my first time talk deep to the man. When the others talk each other, he use a little bit of his right time to make me realize about my life. I know his intention is right. But, sometimes I never care about him.

  I just realize there are many questions about myself, I think it's really surrounding me. I hope he know actually who I am. Maybe later.