~CHAPTER 2: SCHOOL~

(edited: 14

(edited: 14.08.2022)

NIGHTMARES they never seem to disappear, it's because of them that I'm not sleeping right now, but waiting for the sun to rise. It's around four in the morning and I'm lying on my bed reading one of my books, trying to get ready for the first day of school. I read the words but they don't really get into my brain, as I'm too worried about how people will react when they see me.

After my house burned down, I was found in the backyard lying unconscious on the grass. No one could explain how I got there. The police figured out that I had to go down the ladder, before collapsing out of carbon monoxide poisoning.

At the time I didn't really care how I got there, my only worry was that my only family died, but people in town started talking and someone came up with a theory that I was the one who started the fire.

Unfortunately most people believed it, kids at school were bullying me and calling a murderer, their parents were constantly coming to Charlie to tell him that I was too dangerous to be at school.

Charlie of course defended me and told them off, but it didn't stop so I told him that I didn't want to go to school anymore and my psychiatrist advised that for the time being I should study at home. And I did, but not only did I stop going to school, I also stopped leaving the house. Charlie tried to get me out, but the only time that I left was to go somewhere with him, or to visit Billy and Jacob.

I let out a sigh, noticing that it was almost six in the morning. Closing my book, I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. Leaving I saw that Bella was waiting to use the bathroom.

"Good morning." she greeted me with a sleepy smile.

"Morning." I responded, as I walked past her in order to get to my room. There I got dressed in black sweats and dried my red hair. With that done, I packed my backpack and left for the kitchen, where I found Charlie. He was already ready for work and was simply finishing his morning coffee.

"Good morning kid, ready for school?"

I grunted in response, as I started making myself some coffee for my thermos.

Charlie laughed at my grumpiness "I'll take that as a yes."

About twenty minutes later, Bella and I were walking towards our truck when she asked "So who's driving?"

I didn't look at her, as I answered "You, I'm not feeling too good." which was true. All I needed right now was for the coffee to kick in.

"Okay." she answered in joy, I could tell that she was excited to drive the truck first. The drive was quick and filled with mostly silence, until Bella decided to break it. "I can't believe that you're wearing sweats on our first day at school. I mean, I don't care about looks but don't you want to make a good first impression?"

Looking at her, I could see her fumbling with her hands after we parked. Sighing I responded, waving her off "I don't care, Bella. Most of them already know me and they can fuck off."