~CHAPTER 10: MONSTER~

(edited: 16

(edited: 16.08.22)

FRESH air was filling my room while I was getting ready to go out with Bella. I looked at my brown wrist watch and noticed the time, so I packed my bag and left my room yelling.

"Bella, let's go! It's already past three PM!"

I walked into the living room and sat down next to Charlie who was watching the news, already dressed into his uniform. He nodded at me and asked "So you're going out?"

"Yeah, Bella wanted to buy some kind of book. Other than that, we're just going to spent some time together."

Charlie nodded "I hope that you know to be careful?"

"I am living with the Chief, who do you think I am?"

He let out a laugh, raising his arms in the air saying "Okay, okay you got me there kid." after a peaceful moment of silence Charlie said "You know... I was worried that going back to school was going to be bad for you. But look at you, you're smiling, laughing, joking and taking care of yourself. I'm proud of you kid, not a lot of people could get through something like this, but you did."

I stilled slightly, realizing that I really had changed around Bella and the Cullens. Everything was really coming along.

"Thank you, Charlie. Your words really mean a lot to me." I responded, smiling at him.

Charlie smiled at me and ruffed my hair saying "I'm just happy to see you being happy as well. Now go see what Bella's doing up there for so long, you should be leaving already."

I nodded and went to check on Bella, just to find her running around the room looking for something "What are you looking for?"

"I think that I lost the car keys! Oh god what now?!" Bella yelled in panic.

"Bella, I was driving on Friday. I have the keys." I reminded, shaking my head at her.

Just like that, Bella stopped running around the room and looked like a deer in highlights asking shyly "You do?"

I rolled my eyes leaving the room and going down stairs only saying "Let's go."

After an hour we got to Port Angeles, it was getting dark outside and I felt a bit annoyed that we didn't just go here in the morning. I parked the car and we got out, the sidewalks were filled with people making me cringe but I only shook my head saying to Bella.

"Well, how about we go eat something? And then we'll go looking for your bookshop?"

Bella seemed to think on it before nodding at me "Sure, let's go."

We walked around until deciding on some small restaurant, where we took a seat by a window. The restaurant was filled with people, making me cringe a bit but I tried to ignore it and asked Bella.

"So, what's up? How was your trip to the beach?"

"It was good, I met Jacob there and he told me to say "hi" to you actually." Bella answered while looking at the menu.