~CHAPTER 20: HAPPILY EVER AFTER... OR IS IT?~

(edited: 26

(edited: 26.01.24)

IT has been over a month since the incident with James and so far, everything has been going smoothly. It was kinda funny, how a coma and deadly vampires could drag me out of my shell and make me feel... good.

Still, I missed the prom because of my coma. Much to Charlie's disappointment. Apparently, he wanted me to hit that particular milestone in my teenage years and have fond memories of it.

Not that I much cared for it... honestly prom looked cool only in the movies.

Which Bella managed to confirm, as she and Edward attended. She was over the moon to be with Edward, but the rest was rather underwhelming. So I shrugged it off and was glad to skip it.

There will be other fancy parties to attend in my life.

For now, I was the happiest that I've been in years. Every day, hour, minute or second that I spent with Jasper... it was heaven. The honey haired vampire came into my life fast and unexpectedly, yet I wouldn't trade him for anything in this life. Which sometimes felt... scary. To be so devoted to someone and to just give yourself entirely to that person.

But well. Devotion walks the same path as love does... so it seems unavoidable.

Speaking of love... we still didn't get to talk about, well us. Aside from tender moments and softly spoken "I love you's", there wasn't much else going on. Which didn't really bother me as much as I thought it would. It all felt so right and natural, that honestly speaking about it would feel strange.

All that mattered was the fact that he's with me and I am with him. It made me hope that it would remain that way, for the rest of time we have together, as I still didn't know if I truly wanted to become like him...

"So what's got you so silent, sunshine?"

I grinned, responding "You know me Ali. There's always something on my mind."

Alice gave me a beaming smile and walked closer, to where I was standing near the huge window in her room "Oh, I know. But we'll have none of that today! It's a wonderful day, made to be celebrated, so you need to get out of your head for today."

"She's right. You need to relax, Thea."

I rolled my eyes at Rose and just shrugged a bit "You're overreacting, it's a normal day. The same as it was yesterday and or the day before that."

"No, it's not." both vampires said at the same time.

Alice grabbed my hand, saying "It's your birthday! You should be dancing and singing in delight!" with that she pulled me closer and started spinning me around the room.

I laughed, letting her lead as we danced, soon she dashed away turning on the radio. Still laughing, I looked at Rosalie and held out my hand, nodding my head to the side "Come on, Rosie."