~CHAPTER 3: INCIDENT~

(edited: 15

(edited: 15.08.22)

ANNOYED. I was beyond annoyed after spending the whole afternoon and later evening, listening to Bella's complaints about Edward Cullen and how he seemed to hate her without even getting to know her.

I was trying my best to help her out, try to listen and be patient, but I wasn't used to being around people for so long. So after the third hour I gave up, while she continued.

On top of that, I stayed up until four in the morning not being able to fall asleep, which caused me to become physically ill.

During our ride to school, I felt nauseous. At one moment, I thought that I might just open the window and puke, but luckily we were just pulling over to the parking lot. I sighed in relief as I breathed in some fresh air.

I looked at Bella just to notice that she was looking towards the Cullens, probably looking for Edward. And as she noticed that he wasn't there, her shoulders sagged a bit, which made something inside me want to cheer her up, but I was sure that I'd puke on her.

In the end I patted her back, snapping her out of her thoughts. She smiled at me and started to follow me, as I headed inside the school.

The first half of my day was good, aside from the fact that Bella still continued to follow me everywhere, looking like a kicked puppy. It started to annoy me, as I heard her sigh again.

"Bella, I know that it was sad that Edward acted like that towards you. But holy shit, why does it bother you that much? You don't even know him!" I snapped, annoyance and exhaustion mixing together.

Bella looked shocked at my outburst, as I'm always acting calm and it was the first time that she saw me like this. She looked down and said "I just... I just wanted to confront him about all of this."

"And you will, when he gets back. Now please go hang out with your friends and just... just please Bella, give me some space alright? I really need it." with that I turned and walked away towards the library, as it was my free period, leaving Bella in the middle of the empty hallway.

She was a nice girl, but she can't just go into a kicked puppy mode over some rude guy.

Besides, what am I supposed to do? Go find Edward and say to him "Hi, remember the girl that you glared at in class? Yeah you need to drop everything and beg her for forgiveness, because you made her feel bad". I mean yeah, Cullen made a shitty move but I don't want to get involved. I'll let Bella deal with him.

I was so irritated that I wasn't looking where I was going and bumped into someone, I looked up and saw the Jones guy from my literature & composition class.

"Sorry." I mumbled and tried to walk away, hoping that he wouldn't recognise me. But I guess today really wasn't my day.

"It's you." the guy spat at me in anger and in a blink of an eye he pushed me against the lockers "I went through hell at home because of you and your psycho bestie."