~CHAPTER 18: AWAKENING~

(edited: 23

(edited: 23.01.24)

PAIN was the first thing that I felt, way before I fully awoke. I knew that I was comfortable, wherever I was... but my head was pounding. Frowning slightly, I squeezed my eyes shut, before prying them open, blinking rapidly as a dim lighted room greeted me.

I looked around, still blinking as my vision went from sharp to blurry all too soon. Finally, I stopped, as I noticed a figure beside my bed. I was confused, taking entirely way too long to figure out who it was.

Slowly, I lowered the breathing mask and coughed, croaking out "Ch-ar—lie?"

For a moment, there was no reaction, as he was probably in a very deep sleep. Judging from what I could make out of his face, he looked beyond tired.

Not giving up so soon, I swallowed and tried again "Char–lie?"

This time around, he instantly jumped awake, looking around wildly before finally settling his gaze on me "Thea?" I nodded, growing lightly as my head was in a lot of pain "Oh thank God..." Charlie got up and started petting my hair, with tears in his dark eyes "I was so worried... you were asleep for so long..."

"I'm s-sorry?" I whispered unsurely, my speech slurring, but that didn't stop me from asking "Where... a-am I?"

"Back in Forks, in the hospital... do you remember what happened?" he asked, bring a glass with a straw.

He helped me drink some water, before I settled down again, answering "N-No?" thinking some more... nothing came back "I... I don't know?"

Charlie looked worried, as he patted my hair and moved towards the door "I'll call Dr. Cullen."

"Cull–en..." I repeated, frowning as I remembered something about that. It was... it was on the tip of my tongue.

"Yes, you're friends with his kids?" Charlie offered, looking even more concerned "Alice? Jasper? O-Or my Bella? You remember her right?"

I opened my mouth, thinking because Bella... Bella was... important. Bella was...

"I'm going to get the doctor." Charlie quickly said, before rushing out the door.

"B-Bella..." I whispered, that name... it was... it seemed fresh in my mind. And Jasper... Jasper was... was a color? No, not a color... but all that came to mind was—

A sound of blood burling screaming filled my head, a room full of mirrors and— and...

My body went cold, as I shook in the hospital bed, remembering. Finally... remembering.

Then my shaking grew, my body grew stiff as I nearly trashed on the bed, my mind blank.

When I came to, my headache was even worse and my vision was once again blurry. But I was awake, as I could slowly blink and listen.