Chapter 12

Gray couldn't stop thinking about that snowflake shaped birthmark he had seen on Ciel's foot. He also couldn't stop thinking about how Ciel looked and acted similar to both him and his wife. As he thought more about it, he theorized something but he was unsure about it.

"Is everything alright dear?" Juvia asked at the dinner table. "You've hardly had a bite to eat. Is something wrong with the roast?"

"No honey I'm just thinking about something."

"What is it?"

"Well... It's about that kid Ciel."

"What about him? He didn't cause you any trouble the other day did he?"

"No but...Did you ever notice that his eyes are just like yours?"

"What?"

"It's true. Same color, same shape, he even has that same cute little sparkle that I see in yours."

"Well I can't say I have."

"And another thing, did you ever notice that he kind of looks like me when I was a kid?"

"Hmm...Now that you mention it he does remind me a lot of you."

"Juvia."

"Yes?"

"I have a theory about Ciel. I don't really think this is valid and I'm pretty sure I'm wrong on this but it's been in my mind for almost two days."

"What's this theory you have about him?"

"It's that he...He might be Winter."

"What?" She said not sure that she had heard him correctly. "You think he's our son?"

"I know it's crazy but there are these similarities I keep noticing in his looks and his personality."

"It could be a coincidence."

"That's what I thought until I saw his birthmark."

"What birthmark?"

"He has a birthmark on his left foot and it's in the shape of a snowflake just like Winter had."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive and he's eight years old, that's exactly how old Winter would be right now."

"Gray it could still be just a coincidence."

"I know and I'm 99 percent of me thinks it is but one small percentage of me thinks it might be him."

"What do you think we should do?"

"Are you still working with that detective?"

"Yes."

"I want to talk to him about investigating Ciel and his family."

"I don't know if he can do that but I'm supposed to meet with him tomorrow so you can come with me to talk to him about it."

So the next day Gray and Juvia went to Jellal's office where he proposed his idea to the detective.

"You think that this boy is your missing son?" Jellal said looking at photograph of Ciel.

"Possibly." Gray said.

"Do you have any evidence that supports your theory?"

Gray placed two photographs on Jellal's desk. One was of Gray when he was eight and the other was of Winter when he was a newborn in the hospital which showed the birthmark on his tiny left foot. Jellal examined the pictures carefully.