Chapter 18

Juvia woke up one morning feeling happier than she had ever been. So happy that she decided to cook a big breakfast for herself and her family. She had just finished pouring the coffee when she realized that her husband wasn't at the kitchen table waiting for breakfast like he usually did when she cooked. However she knew where he might be.

As expected she found him in the nursery, looking over the precious little bundle of joy she had brought into the world. Whenever he had free time from work or speaking with her he would just stand there in the nursery and looking over little Sylvia. He had done the exact same thing when Winter was first born.

"Breakfast is ready." She said looking over the crib with him. "Aren't you hungry this morning?"

"I'll come eat in a minute." He told her, his gaze not leaving the sleeping baby girl for one second. "Not much of a cryer is she? I thought that she would keep us up for hours like Winter did."

"All babies are different dear. Some cry a lot and some don't."

At once little Sylvia woke up and started to make a little noise. Not crying but a little whimper.

"Look who's awake, good morning sweetheart." Juvia smiled and picked up Sylvia. "I bet you're hungry right about now? Gray darling why don't you eat your breakfast while I give Sylvia her breakfast?"

Gray sat down to the table where he dined on toast, eggs, and bacon. Sitting across from him was his wife who cradled their new daughter in her arms, feeding her a bottle of warm milk. There was a knock at the door, Gray answered it. It was Ciel.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I wanted to apologize for what my mom did to Mrs. Fullbuster." The boy said. "And I brought her a present to make up for things."

He held up a bag gift. 

"Thanks, do you want to come in for breakfast?"

"You don't mind?"

"Of course and besides I'm sure Juvia would like to see you."

The gift that Ciel had brought was a little moblie that had butterflies made from colored tissue paper hanging from it with a little glitter on it their wings.

"Oh Ciel they're beautiful." Juvia said.

"I made it myself." 

"You did? Well aren't you talented?"

"You did have a girl right?"

"Yes we did. Oh thank you so much for this."

Gray hung the moblie and Juvia placed the fed Sylvia back in her crib. While the two of them fixed Ciel some breakfast the boy went into the nursery and looked down at the baby girl who looked up at him with curious grey eyes. Suddenly he started to become fussy and she seemed to be reaching for something. He spotted a little polar bear teddy on the floor, having fallen from the crib. When Ciel gave it back her she latched on to his finger with her tiny hand.

"Whoa nice grip." 

"What do you think of her?" Juvia asked walking into the nursery.

"I've never seen a baby before, at least not one this close. Why does she keep staring at me?"

"Because she's just meeting you today and I think she's trying to figure out if she likes you or not. Judging by the fact that she's holding your finger I think she does."

"Is she going to let me go or is she just going to hold my finger all day?"

Juvia giggled and helped Ciel remove his finger from Sylvia's hand without making her cry. Then she brought him over to the table to eat breakfast. Before long little Sylvia had fallen asleep wrapped in a pink blanket and holding her polar bear teddy.