Chapter 13

It was 5:00 am when Gray awoke to the sound of someone banging on his door. He tiredly dragged himself out of bed and went downstairs to see who it was.

"Waking me up at five in the morning, somebody better be dying." He said groaned.

He opened the door still feeling tired but what he saw behind the door woke him up in an instant. Standing in his doorway was Natsu with a bleeding gash on his head and his left arm bleeding while his right arm held a crying Nashi.

"What the hell happened?" Gray asked.

"Gray I need you to do me a favor."

They woke up Juvia and asked her to keep Nashi busy while Gray and Natsu talked privately.

"Natsu what's going on?"

"I need you and Juvia to watch Nashi for awhile."

"What for?"

"I did something. Something really bad and I...I think I might be arrested."

"Arrested?! What did you do?!"

"I'll explain later. For now just take care of Nashi and keep her calm, if she asks tell her that I'm okay."

"Alright."

Natsu then went into the other room to say goodbye to his daughter.

"Daddy I'm scared." She told him.

"There's nothing to be scared of sweetie. You're just going to stay with Uncle Gray and Auntie Juvia for awhile."

"I wanna stay with you Daddy."

"Daddy has to go away for some time but I promise I'll be right back." He hugged his daughter, she hugged him back. "Now while I'm gone you'll be a good girl won't you?"

"Daddy don't go."

"I have to go. I'm sorry."

"No Daddy."

He heard the sound of police sirens drawing near. He didn't want his daughter to see him being arrested like a common criminal. He turned to Juvia and Gray.

"Don't let her go outside until the police are gone." He whispered.

The young couple nodded.

"It's time for me to go now." He told his daughter. He let go of her but she clung to his waist and started crying.

"Don't go! Daddy don't go!" She held on to him for as long as she could but all too soon Gray was able to pick up the girl and gently pry her away from her father. "Daddy please!"

"I love you Nashi." He told her before going outside.

"Daddy!"

She cried and cried until her tears put her to sleep.

Apparently during the fight with his wife, Touka had been knocked unconscious and the police suspected Natsu of beating her. He was arrested and brought into custody for questioning.

"How's my wife?" He asked investigator Laxus Dreyar.

"She's awake and she's got some nasty cuts and bruises but she's fine." Laxus said. "Wanna tell me what happened?"

"I...I don't know what to say."

"Well did you beat her?"

"No!"

"Did you throw her through the window?"

"No!"

"She says that you've been beating her."