Chapter 14

It was a weekend day so Nashi didn't have to go to school and due to everything that had happened to her so far Juvia decided to spend the day with her. Gray wanted to stay but he had a meeting with a very important client over a painting.

"What are we going to do today Auntie Juvia?" Nashi asked.

"Well right now I have to go to the market and pick up some groceries but while we're there we can get stuff make to cookies and rent a couple movies."

"Can Happy come?" Nashi asked holding up her cat.

"No honey I'm afraid he'll have to stay here."

"But Happy doesn't like to be alone."

"We won't be gone that long and to make it up to him I'll let you pick out a cat toy to give him when we get back. Now go upstairs and get you're coat on, it's very cold out there."

Nashi went to do as she was told. Juvia had just grabbed her coat off of the hanger when she heard a knock at the door. She answered it and found Ciel waiting on the other side.

"Ciel what are you doing here?" She asked him.

"You said that we had a tutoring session this Saturday."

"I did? Oh that's right I did." With everything that had happened with Natsu she realized she had forgotten about the weekend tutoring session she had scheduled with him. "I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to cancel that today."

"Oh...Okay."

"I can call your mother and tell her to come back for you."

"No good. She's uh...She'll be very occupied by something for the day and she won't pick up."

"You sure?"

"Trust me."

"What about your father?"

"Oh no don't call him! Please! He's...He's at work and if he's disturbed while he's at work well...Let's just say that things will get really ugly."

"Alright but I can't just leave you out here, why don't you come with me and Nashi to the grocery store?"

"Who's Nashi?"

"She's a little girl who will be staying with us for awhile and she really needs some cheering up right now so please be nice."

"Okay."

Once they were all dressed up in warm clothes they got into the car and drove down to the grocery store. She bought some stuff to make dinner with, some vitamins prescribed for pregnant women, a little toy mouse that Nashi picked out for Happy, and ingredients for cookies.

"Now what kind of cookies should we make?" Juvia asked the two children.

"Sugar cookies." Nashi said.

"No chocolate chip." Ciel said.

"Sugar is better."

"No chocolate chip is."

"Now don't fight, why don't we make both?" Juvia suggested.

When they got back to the Fullbuster house, Nashi and Ciel helped Juvia put her groceries away and she made them some sandwiches for lunch. After they ate they started to make the cookies. She gave each of the children their own apron to wear and allowed them to perform a task in the cookie making process. Ciel and Nashi did everything she told them to do however when her back was turned Nashi couldn't resist sneaking a spoonfuls of cookie dough into her mouth and Ciel would swipe a few handfuls of chocolate chips.

"Hey I saw that!" She said when she turned around to find Nashi sucking on a spoon and Ciel with a mouthful of chocolate chips. "Nashi you're a greedy little glutton just like your father and Ciel I thought you were more mature than that. Naughty, you don't deserve any cookies."