Real Mate

Day Five

Minerva's POV

It was finally time to go home, and my efforts in avoiding Cyrus were rather successful... until...

"MINERVA", yelled the voice I was trying to avoid

"Yes?", I asked innocently

"How long..."

"How long were you going to pretend..."

"What?", asking him with a mask of confusion.

I closed my eyes ready for the rejection...

...any moment now...

After half a minute has passed, I looked up to see him staring at me painfully, hurt from not believing that he won't reject me.

"You know...", he pursued

"You know about us and our world... and each year before everyone thought you were also apart of the humans"

"Why didn't you tell us?", He asked with utter despair, glaring at floor, tensed body.

"Why", he whispered

"Huh, what do you mean?", I asked, once again pulling the clueless card.

"Cut the act Lyn!", he yelled while I flinched

"What are you?", he asked

"I'm... a...", searching the right words to say.

I'm not ready for him to find out what I really am. I'm not ready to confess of my true identity.

"I'm a witch...", I said

Which is partially true, my mother is Hecate, the goddess of witchcraft and necromancy. She mated with my father, with was one of the son's of the current moon goddess.

"...partially...", I said

"The other part is...werewolf", Nah not really, my father is part of the royal family of werewolves, making Rigel, the future Alpha King, my cousin. But, he doesn't need to know that... yet... nah who am I kidding he already knows....

"But I didn't really want anyone to know..."

"Why?", He asked with a confused look

"Because...I don't know...I just don't want anyone to know..."

"Lyn, you don't have to be ashamed of being supernatural", he said with a hesistant look.

"I'm not ashamed... I'm just... not supposed to tell anyone of my heritage, cause of course when you tell someone your a supernatural they ask who your parents are blah blah blah", I rambled

"Don't you want to tell others who your family is? or who your parents are?", he asked still bewildered

"It's not that!"

"Its... just because my family tree is complicated..."

"You want to know who I am and what I'm capable of!?", I yelled out of frustration

"Fine I'll tell you!", with tears of frustration running down my face

"I'm the daughter of the Goddess of witchcraft and necromancy and my father is also the Alpha of the moonlight pack, the pack that is filled with warriors, because the moonlight pack is the warrior pack of the king!"