Her Echoes

3rd P.O.V.

Minerva stared at the boy to whom she still admires, and him being her mate just made it more difficult for her feelings to truly process.

She never mentioned to anyone that he had saved her before, yet he did not recognize her. They were both friends, it was the age 13 when she had first fallen, yet 11 when they first met. She nursed him back to health after a fatal accident, which was when he had saved her from a demon attack. For a guy his age, she was surprised that he knew combat and sorcery well. Her grandmother had recently passed away last year over the summer, yet it still broke her heart every moment it is brought up in her thought.

Her appearance was also different, she was a brunette yet her hair started change its color, as if depicting the moonlight. For her this was a reason why he didn't recognize her.

But the most important of all is that she chose to forget the reason of how she fell for him...

She was staring at the stars, she saw a shooting star and wished... it was dark at the time with the sky bright with stars.

'oh goddess, may you show me my mate', she wished, wishing it was her bestfriend

"What are you doing up there Lyn?", Cyrus called out to her

"I was just wishing...", she responded

"What are you wishing for my little fairy?", Cyrus asked her amused

"I asked the moon goddess who my mate is...", she said yet embarrassed to tell the answer... maybe it wasn't true, so she had to let go of false hope.

"Who is it?", Cyrus asked her, yet the girl he was looking at, never noticed how clenched his jaw was...

But can this be due to the fact of his grandfather's death anniversary or is it because the girl he like was thinking of someone else as her mate, or so he thought.

When Minerva came down to answer his question, she finally realized how handsome he is more with his clench jaw, that she knew she had to stop falling for or else she might never stand up again.

"I don't know", she frowned at the ground, wishing the person standing infront of her is the right answer

"I don't like the moon goddess... she killed my grandfather...", he looked at her furiously, he never favored anyone who says the name of the goddess, even if it just her title

From his stare the 15 year old girl looked at the ground ashamed that she had forgotten of his pure hate towards her ancestor.

At this moment her grandmother still lives as a celestial being, she still decides who her granddaughter's mate shall be long before her birth.

Minerva now is frightened to look at the furious expression of her bestfriend. Cyrus finally calmed down not wishing scare his friend away.

"Sorry Minerva...", he sighed

"I just remember that day so badly..."

"I heard a cackle from my grandmother, and ran to her to see what it was about when I saw the scene, I saw the very first moon goddess, the evil one as they call her also known as the evil goddess, she had possessed my grandmother, her black-misted spirit fled away before my parents saw."

"I'm so sorry", Minerva apologized, along with the guilt building up in her for what her ancestor had done.

But little did she know of the unknown story of her ancestor...