ten

1 0

~*~

We were seated in the office with Ryan to my right and the Professor across from us, a large squared oak desk separating us. He had tufts of grey hair mixed with black—but more grey than black. Professor David was aging.

Ryan had his arms leaning against the chair, the veins in his arms were evident and I only noticed it when he was mad, or aggravated. He shouldn't be mad for something he started.

"What the hell happened?" Professor David asked, his curious brown eyes darting between Ryan and I.

"He started it," I said rolling my eyes. "And—"

"Attitude Ambrose."

I sighed and placed my right hand on the desk, leaning forward ever so slightly. "I'm sorry, but he started it, Professor. He threw me with a ball of paper behind my head." 

Ryan let out a annoying snort, rolling his blue eyes at me. "She's lying."

"I am not," I snapped at him as I turned my head to look at him. "Can you, for once in your life, tell the truth? For God's sake!"

Professor David slammed his palm against the table, startling me and shutting Ryan up for what was about to come out of that filthy mouth of his. "Enough! You two behave like brats! And I won't tolerate that!" He was breathing heavy and I leaned back in my seat. He calmed himself down as he cleared his throat. "Rosewood University has a annual roadtrip coming up soon and if you two spoiled brats behave like this, I'm going to have to send you two home."

I sighed not really knowing what else to do. I wasn't even that excited about the annual roadtrip due to obvious reasons. Glancing at Ryan, he was staring at the desk in front of him, sharp jawline clenched hard, eyes boring holes into the oak desk and annoyingly beautiful light brown hair.

When none of us said anything, Professor David folded his hands on his desk. He was a smart man with all his achievements hanging proudly against the white walls. "Okay, so this is what I'm going to do—I'm going to suspend both of us for two days. I want you two to work together, because this cannot happen on the roadtrip."

Ryan sat up and glared at Professor David. "Why must I get suspended when she was the one slapping me? Fuck this shit, you're not going to suspend me."

Did he really just say that to the Professor. He had the balls, I'd give him that. Professor David didn't even look fazed by his outburst. "You watch your mouth, young man. If you don't want to be kicked off the team and have your scholarship revoked, I'd suggest you work on that bitter attitude of yours."

He turned his attention toward me. "As for you Mrs. Ambrose, I'd like for you to help Mr. Collins by sharing your notes with him. He's failing the class and I'd like for you to control your anger. Your mother wasn't like this. Don't disappoint me."

"But I di—"

Professor held his finger up to silence me. "No buts, you are excused."

With a heavy and frustrated sigh, I saw Ryan smile and it only angered me. Try to control it, I reminded myself over and over. Bending down just enough for him to hear, I whispered, "this isn't over."

I made my way to my dorm, taking the elevator up and walked over in a rush. I entered and just I turned around someone was sitting on my bed. "Jesus fucking—you scared the shit out of me."

Hunter was sitting on the edge of my bed, fidgeting with his shirt. When he met my gaze, guilt flashed across his structured face, almost as if he was pleading to something.

Rushing over to him, I sat next to him on the bed and placed my hand on his shoulder for comfort. "What's wrong? Did you get into trouble?"

He turned to face me and took my hands into his. Those hazel eyes changed colors again, and I knew he was about to confess something. "Lydia, please know that I like you very, very much. And I'm really sorry for doing this to you—you mean so much to me, it would kill me to lose you."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What did you do Hunter?"

"I—I—" he stammered and looked down at our entangled hands, and slowly brought his focus back to me. "The football team made me do it... they wanted naked pictures of you and t-they threatened me to do it. They didn't leave me with a choice. And please know that I'd grown to know you with all—"

"What?"

My ears couldn't believe what they were hearing and my fragile little heart dropped into the pit of my stomach, shattering all my remaining dignity.

I stood up from the bed as my brain tried to collect all of this information. Hunter stood up with me, pleading for forgiveness. "And did you get the pictures?"

Guilt reappeared on his face. "No—yeah, but you're covered in your undergarments—that's why I asked you to hang out with me. I'm sorry."

Without thinking I slapped him across his cheek with the same hand I used to slap his stupid best friend. He held his hand against his cheek. "And I thought you were different."

~*~

A/N:

did you expect that? lol. i try to make plot twists but i’m not so good at it.

you’re beautiful and that’s a fact, so slay.